Discussion of article "MQL5 Wizard techniques you should know (Part 01): Regression Analysis"

New article MQL5 Wizard techniques you should know (Part 01): Regression Analysis has been published:

Todays trader is a philomath who is almost always (either consciously or not...) looking up new ideas, trying them out, choosing to modify them or discard them; an exploratory process that should cost a fair amount of diligence. This clearly places a premium on the trader's time and the need to avoid mistakes. These series of articles will proposition that the MQL5 wizard should be a mainstay for traders. Why? Because not only does the trader save time by assembling his new ideas with the MQL5 wizard, and greatly reduce mistakes from duplicate coding; he is ultimately set-up to channel his energy on the few critical areas of his trading philosophy.

Results from our optimisation are presented below. First is the report and equity curve of the best results from trading only with market orders.

Author: Stephen Njuki

Hi Stephen, 

Very good article. I made some tests and it returned good results. Looks like we have an encouraging trade system.

I would like to know how can I use input with non-fixed timeframes for optimization.

I've tried to change these lines, but OnInit "returned non-zero code 1" with no error message.

//--- inputs for expert
input string Expert_Title                     ="Regr2"; // Document name
ulong        Expert_MagicNumber               =26034;   //
bool         Expert_EveryTick                 =false;   //
input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES   timeframe             =PERIOD_M5;      //TimeFrame
//--- inputs for main signal
int OnInit()
  {
//--- Initializing expert
   if(!ExtExpert.Init(Symbol(),timeframe,Expert_EveryTick,Expert_MagicNumber))
     {
      //--- failed
      printf(__FUNCTION__+": error initializing expert");
      ExtExpert.Deinit();
      return(INIT_FAILED);
     }
//--- Creating signal

Can you help me?

Guilherme Mendonca #:

Hi Stephen, 

Very good article. I made some tests and it returned good results. Looks like we have an encouraging trade system.

I would like to know how can I use input with non-fixed timeframes for optimization.

I've tried to change these lines, but OnInit "returned non-zero code 1" with no error message.

Can you help me?

Hi, have you received help from Stephen? 
Reason: