OpenCl and the tools for it. Reviews and impressions. - page 25

OpenMP is a special #pragma in C++. It's very simple and hearty. Well, of course, it has its problems. But the restrictions seem to be obviously less than for OpenCL.

I wish we could make this support native... All the more so because it is the terminal itself that is made in C++.

Mathemat:

OpenMP is a special #pragma in C++. It's very simple and hearty. Well, of course, it has its problems. But the restrictions seem to be obviously less than for OpenCL.

I wish we could make this support native... all the more so because it is the terminal itself that is made in C++.

Oh, please. Of course, it's pleasant to parallelize on six cores too, but somehow it's more fun on 1280. :)

Mathemat:

OpenMP is a special #pragma in C++.

Also want to share the obviousness : Kokechuch is a tuxus.

MetaDriver: Come on. It's certainly nice to parallel on six cores too, but somehow it's more fun on 1280. :)

It's six cores for you :). On the other hand, there are 8 cores in Bulldozer (Zambezi), the most modern and a little bit faster... And you can theoretically gain up to 16x speedup with a CPU alone (probably, better than with i7-2600; oh my goodness, I am a Steud fan!).

But it does not always work, rather much less often than I would like. Renat himself admitted this.

tara: I also want to share the obviousness : Kokechuch is a tuxus.
Read it. You can google it from there. Habrahabr, for example. Hooking up two bibbles accelerated calculations by a factor of almost 4 on an honest dual-core without hyperthreading. Check it out for yourself.

Alexei, have you ever lost money (profit) because you did not have enough computing power?

No, it wasn't. So? Well, to be honest, I'm a primitivist. I'm satisfied with simple calculations, without any higher mathematics.

The main thing is to have it. Just in case.

And in general - it's better to drive a Bech than a VAZ. Especially if there is a free opportunity to do so.

It's not free, it's useless, sorry :(

By the way, my first two cars were Bechas. And the third was a VAZ :)

Ah, namesake, you're going downhill now, aren't you?

Mathemat:
Ah, namesake, you're going downhill now, aren't you?
Why are you?
Reason: