What is an INDICATOR? - page 8

david2:

Indicator, tachometer, speedometer, it's all the same. There's nothing magical about them. But many people think there is, figuratively speaking, they cover their windscreen with a rag and look at the tachometer and speedometer

trying to drive the car. Everyone knows the result.

Golden words! I learned a long time ago myself that it's better to take the cloth off the windscreen and not look at the speedometer at all, even if you feel you're breaking the speed limit.

If to continue analogy with a car, it is necessary to notice that you sit with your back to a windshield, though driving and yes, you see only speedometer, tachometer, degree of steering wheel rotation and fuel level in a tank. And what's going on in the windscreen... A rag, a sheet of cardboard or a slab of iron doesn't make any difference, you can't turn and see where the turn is, whether it's uphill or downhill, you can't see it anyway.

I watched a film on television today.

Sort of how the human brain works, how it perceives perspective, how perception is affected by shadows, how it "thinks" things up,

that's not in reality.

I recommend it for understanding the turkeys.

Don't know the name, sorry.

Funny post...

Who knows - share, I want to see the whole thing.

Europa:

Words of gold! I have understood for a long time that it is better to take off a cloth from a windshield and not to look at a speedometer at all, even if you feel that you break a speed limit.

:-)

2Europa and david2:

Not price indicators (look it up on google yourself), in particular - foundations?

That's a bit flat...

What do you think of the thoughts and ideas in the "TA or something you don't know about?" branch?

shi:
If to continue analogy with a car, it is necessary to notice that you sit with your back to a windshield, though driving and yes, you see only speedometer, tachometer, degree of steering wheel rotation and fuel level in a tank. And what's going on in the windscreen... A rag, a sheet of cardboard or a slab of iron doesn't make any difference, you can't turn round and see where the turn is, whether it's uphill or downhill.

You have no idea how easy it is to refute your position: you really only imagine that you can see the "truth" through a windshield that is splashed with mud until it is totally impenetrable, not realizing that the only more or less reliable signals of your car and the road are nowadays given by the tachometer, speedometer and external sensors.

alsu:

You have no idea how easy it is to refute your position: you really imagine that you see "truth" through windshield which is splashed with mud up to total impermeability, thus not realizing that the only more or less authentic signals of car and road behavior are given by tachometer, speedometer and external sensors nowadays.

The analogy with night flight of an all-weather supersonic fighter is more illustrative - one look through the glass is not enough to assess the situation with a high possible risk payoff...

And emotions do not play the last part in making wrong decisions.

If someone wants to work more comfortably and profitably without reference to indicators, it is: a) gut feeling; b) useless indicators which do not give any useful information.

Dersu:

I watched a film on television today.

Sort of how the human brain works, how it perceives perspective, how perception is affected by shadows, how it "thinks" things up,

that's not in reality.

I recommend it for understanding the turkeys.

Don't know the name, sorry.

Funny post...

Who knows - share, want to see the whole thing.

http://video.yandex.ru/#search?text=%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B3%20%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BA%D0%B0

Pick the right one

Thank you, Victor.

I'll keep an eye out.

The point is that ANY indicator is ultimately an indicator of TENDENCY, or trend.

And the presence or direction of a trend is not a simple matter in terms of mathematics or econometrics.

Jack Schwager's Market Wizards.

Richard Dennis.

"... because a reliable system that follows a trend will maintain a position until evidence is found that the trend has changed.

...The presence of a market trend is the main thing that ultimately forces trades. It's quite a simple thought. Consistency and consistency from start to finish are perhaps more important than the special indicators that are used to identify the trend. Whichever method of opening a trade is used, it is absolutely essential that when there is a major trend, it is not missed."

AlexEro:

The point is that ANY indicator is ultimately an indicator of TENDENCY, or trend.

And the presence or direction of a trend (trend) is not such a simple matter in terms of mathematics or econometrics.

Jack Schwagen "Market Magicians".

Richard Dennis.

"... because a reliable trend-following system will maintain a position until evidence is found that the trend has changed.

...The presence of a market trend is what ultimately makes trades. It is a very simple thought. Methodology and consistency from start to finish are perhaps more important than the special indicators that are used to identify the trend. Whichever method of opening a trade is used, it is imperative that if there is a large trend, it does not miss it."

And how many trends have you found?
Reason: