Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 648

Artyom Trishkin:

1. declare a static variable to store the time of the last extremum of the zigzag and initialize it with zero.

2. Find a vertex and if its time is not equal to the time in the static variable, then consider that you have found the required extremum and store the new time in this variable.

3. GoTo(2);

I understand that you need to store the time in the variable. Or am I misunderstanding you somehow. In my post above, the function returns the price to me, I store it in a variable, and how do I know the occurrence time of the last vertex found, in order to store it in a variable?

mila.com:

I understand that you have to store the time in a variable. Or am I misunderstanding you somehow. In my post above, the function returns me the price, I store it in a variable, but how do I know the time of the last vertex found to store it in a variable?

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/series/itime
iTime - Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам - Справочник MQL4 - Документация на MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
iTime - Доступ к таймсериям и индикаторам - Справочник MQL4 - Документация на MQL4

mila.com:

I understand that you have to store the time in a variable. Or am I misunderstanding you somehow. In my post above, the function returns me the price, I store it in a variable, but how do I know the time of the last vertex found to store it in a variable?

I saw a piece of code for zigzag nodes searching - it seems to be from Igor Kim. Here, you should insert the saving of the time of the extremum identified additionally into the code of the search for that extremum. You are looking for it in the loop... When identifying it, remember the time the loop index points to when the extremum is already identified - before returning the value of its price. I.e., additionally pass the datetime variable by reference into the function where the time at finding the extremum of the zigzag is to be written. When the function returns the value of the price, it will additionally write into this variable the value of the time of the bar opening where the required extremum of the zigzag is located.

I'm sorry, but I'm away from my work computer and I can't give you a code example.

Hello.

After reinstalling the server, the indicators have stopped being downloaded. from www.mql5.com/ru/market/

The internet explorer writes, "Cannot display the web page".

• Some files or parts of the content on this web page require a program not installed on this computer.
Google Chrome is not responding at all.
Windows server 2008 R2
I have administrator rights on the server. Please advise what may be the reason.

savinkins:

Hello.

After reinstalling the server, the indicators have stopped being downloaded. from www.mql5.com/ru/market/

• Some files or parts of the content on this web page require a program not installed on this computer.
Windows server 2008 R2
I have administrator rights on the server. Please advise what may be the reason.
Update Internet Explorer on the server.

savinkins:

Hello.

After reinstalling the server, the indicators are no longer downloadable. from www.mql5.com/ru/market/

Windows server 2008 R2
I have administrator rights on the server. Can you tell me what may be the reason.

You have changed rights to the user folder that is created when you install the MT platform.

You need to reinstall the terminal.

Alternatively, copy the contents of MT to the new folder and run terminal.exe.

The second is to reinstall MT

Artyom Trishkin:
Update Internet Explorer on the server.
Thank you for the recommendation. But it is not possible. Is it possible to download the indicator on another computer (where it is already downloaded) and transfer it to MT5 on the server?

new-rena:

You have changed the rights to the user folder that is created when you install the MT platform.

You need to reinstall the terminal.

Alternatively, copy the contents of MT to the new folder and run terminal.exe.

The second is to reinstall MT

Thank you. MT is completely reinstalled. But it doesn't want to take the indicator from the site.

savinkins:
Thank you for the recommendation. But it is not possible. Is it possible to download the indicator on another computer (where it is already downloaded) and transfer it to MT5 on the server?

From the marketplace, no. Each copy of the program (indicator, expert, etc.) is tied to a specific hardware and should be installed only on the computer where it will work, if you just transfer the file from the computer where this indicator is running, it will not work on the computer where you copy the indicator - it will write about an invalid license.

In your situation I would contact the server support and ask them this question.

Artyom Trishkin:

From the marketplace, no. Each copy of the program (indicator, expert, etc.) is tied to a specific hardware and should be installed only on the computer where it will work, if you simply transfer the file from the computer where this indicator is running, it will not work on the computer where you copy the indicator - it will write about an invalid license.

In your situation I would contact the server support and ask them this question.

Thanks for the detailed comments. The issue has been resolved.
Reason: