Artificial Intelligence 2020 - is there progress? - page 50

Реter Konow:
Strange of course that the progress of quantum computer development has stalled. Incredible, god-like results were promised but, all is quiet. It instantaneously unfolds all combinations of bit complex states due to quantum superposition property, but apart from cipher breaking no application has been found yet...

And the technology above is interesting, not even for its speed or accuracy, but because it tries to combine memory and processor into a single entity. If it succeeds conceptually, a breakthrough in AI is assured, and it doesn't really matter if the system is digital or analogue.

Data and procedures come together. Quantum is better with only a few states, but procedures and data are also in the same array/memory and accessed sequentially.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Data and procedures are combined. Quantum is better with only a few states, but procedures and data are also in the same array/memory and access to them is consistent.

Correct. Seeks to unify procedures (processor) and data (memory). Like brain neurons (1) remember, (2) carry out operations. At the same time, neurons work both in parallel and sequentially. Imho of course.

Реter Konow:

https://3dnews.ru/1015293

A breakthrough is looming. If this technology is combined with the same innovative conceptual framework of the MoD, we get a new generation of AI.

It seems that the whole point there is low power consumption. Back in 2012, they showed neural network computers on the BBC. However, such a CPU will not compete with the modern CPU in terms of computing power, at least for now.

Alexandr Andreev:

It seems that the whole point there is low power consumption. Back in 2012, they showed a show on the BBC about neural networks. However, such a processor will not compete with the modern CPU in terms of computing power, at least not yet.

Well, the article talks about an order of magnitude increase of operation speed. I don't know what these claims are based on technically, but I believe it...

Реter Konow:
Well, the article talks about an order of magnitude increase in transaction speed. I don't know what these claims are based on technically, but I believe it so far...
On the article: the key phrase there " "Analog" technology allows you to get almost the same result when multiplying vector matrices, assuming less accuracy than when using data as digital 0's and 1's. "
The accuracy will float depending on the ambient tundra/desert temperature, the heat of the chip itself after switching on, over time the parameters of some elements also float. Plus noise will change values, in the field there are few, under power lines some, in the city others, near radio transmitters others, etc.
For rough calculations +-20% may be fine.

elibrarius:
On the article: the key phrase there " "Analog" technology allows almost the same result when multiplying vector matrices with the assumption of less accuracy than when using data as digital 0 and 1. "
The accuracy will float depending on the ambient tundra/desert temperature, the heat of the chip itself after switching on, over time the parameters of some elements also float. Plus noise will change values, in the field there are few, under power lines some, in the city others, near radio transmitters others, etc.
I think the point of this technology is to merge the processor and memory into one. Whether it will be analog, digital, fast, or slow is not so important. Efficiency will be improved, working methods will be improved, but the direction itself is the main one, and it is the right one.

Also, if the ambient temperature has such an effect on the passband and amplitude of the analogue signal (which is known) I think they will correct by correcting for the current temperature-dependent resistance.

Of course, the method is not perfect. As well as any other...

elibrarius:
As for the article: the key phrase there " "Analog" technology allows you to get almost the same result by multiplying vector matrices with the assumption of less accuracy than using digital 0 and 1 data. "

In general, it's cool to put together an analog transducer for the Schrodinger equation, you can if you set your mind to it, and it's easy to implement simple mathematical functions, but making it small and many is a real challenge.) It's like putting a mechanical arithmometer into a computer chip. 1987 my diploma in laser rangefinder was a CCD with 24 elements, and it measured up to 1mm by the way.)

Roughness of calculation is solved by quantity.

Let's assume a temperature range of -50 to +70 =120 degrees. The conductors change resistance depending on their material, length and cross-sectional area. Compensation for temperature inaccuracies of the analogue signal can be done with a special device - it will amplify/weaken the voltage in the system. This is roughly the case...

As for radio noise, I'm certainly not an expert in radio engineering, but the problem is solved by using a metal mesh frame with a smaller mesh size than the wavelength applied around the conductor. I think so, I can't remember anymore...
Reason: