Artificial Intelligence 2020 - is there progress? - page 27

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I read it a long time ago, can't find the source now. By stimulating different parts of the brain, a person saw different pictures. Some areas gave sensations of individual objects or some properties, while others drew more complex stories in the mind. Suggestions have been made that the processing of information in the mind goes through several stages.

As far as I know, artificial neural networks have a small number of neurons. And increasing the complexity of the circuits, does not lead to much progress.

The brain of a living being has been honed by evolution over millions of years. Each area of the brain is needed for a particular purpose, or many purposes at once. This is as yet unknown to us. It's difficult to replicate. To replicate it, you have to understand, and to fully understand it is still ege-gee-gee.

I forgot to add in the video that the biological neuron works with an analogue signal. The artificial one works with digital where the number digit capacity at the moment (at least in my models) is 16 decimal places. This is also the reason why intelligence is not attainable. Not to mention clouds of neurons, rather than a couple of three layers of a dozen....

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I read it a long time ago, can't find the source now. By stimulating different parts of the brain, a person saw different pictures. Some areas gave sensations of individual objects or some properties, while others drew more complex stories in the mind. Suggestions have been made that the processing of information in the mind goes through several stages.

As far as I know, artificial neural networks have a small number of neurons. And increasing the complexity of the circuits, does not lead to much progress.

The brain of a living being has been honed by evolution over millions of years. Each area of the brain is needed for a particular purpose, or many purposes at once. This is as yet unknown to us. It's difficult to replicate. To replicate it, you have to understand it, and it's still a long way to go before you fully understand it.

You don't have to excite the areas, you can just give it between the eyes and beautiful sparkling images will emerge.

Holy shit, 10 hits already. Unexpected and gratifying :-)

Aleksei Stepanenko:

To repeat, you have to understand, and it's still a long way to go before you fully understand.

Understanding is the easiest. But to use it all, you need energy and free space. No, well, if you are in limitless independent free space, you only need a couple of impulses to expand your attention, awareness, and perception. It's worse when in practice you find yourself stuck in limitations. Then you have to reconsider where you are.

Vitaliy Maznev:

It's worse when in practice you get bogged down by limitations.

Yes, Vitaly, that's the problem. The curse of dimensionality. If you have an infinite resource of time, energy, life...

Mihail Marchukajtes:
Holy shit, 10 hits already. Unexpected and nice :-)
Turn on the monetisation.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Yes, Vitaly, that's the sticking point. The curse of dimensionality. If you have an infinite resource of time, energy, life...

And it's infinite. That's the point. At least as infinite as the energy of a particular world. If you thought it through, you would have other questions.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
Fucking 10 hits already. Unexpectedly and pleasantly :-)

I watched it all the way to the end. The conclusion is very superficial and questionable. How do you know that Google has fewer options than you do in your attention span? What's stopping it? On the other hand, your attention span is much more limited to options. And you have far fewer information processing scripts. That's not an indicator of intelligence. It's purely a question of access to databases.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
Holy shit 10 views already. Unexpected and enjoyable :-)

Like it, subscribe.

Well all modern ns is like a reflex (a single neuron track) that reacts to what is warm and what is cold*.... And intelligence is made up of many such pathways (intertwined pathways)

* - a child's game of cold warmth

I want to say, dear masters, nakuyevites and experts, that the question of intelligence is not even at the current stage. Artificial or natural is not the question. The question is how to live on. And what will be the place of each of us in the sphere that has been formed.
Reason: