EA not working

Recently coded an EA and I thought itd be good to begin my forward testing phase, but for some reason it wont work !!!!

It'll work in backtest, but when dragged onto a livechart in a demo account it wont open any orders. Any insight to this ??? Im sure its something simple, is there supposed to be a smileyface next to my EA name ?? IDK !!!

I'd appreciate any input....

Thanks

Drew L:

Recently coded an EA and I thought itd be good to begin my forward testing phase, but for some reason it wont work !!!!

It'll work in backtest, but when dragged onto a livechart in a demo account it wont open any orders. Any insight to this ??? Im sure its something simple, is there supposed to be a smileyface next to my EA name ?? IDK !!!

I'd appreciate any input....

Thanks

Hello, Drew.

If your MT4 platform is working and the AutoTrade option is on, it should work. Yes, you should see the smileyface, it shows that the EA is working. If you don't get it working it may be something wrong in the code.

Drew L:   2020.10.18 17:25 Recently coded an EA and I thought itd be good to begin my forward testing phase, but for some reason it wont work !!!!

The market just opened 25 minutes ago.

William Roeder:

The market just opened 25 minutes ago.

Not that simple lol. Thanks for the input though ! Have a great week
PainKillerRO:

Hello, Drew.

If your MT4 platform is working and the AutoTrade option is on, it should work. Yes, you should see the smileyface, it shows that the EA is working. If you don't get it working it may be something wrong in the code.

Ok thanks, I'm going to check these boxes again. Have a Great week !

Reason: