Discussion of article "Ready-made Expert Advisors from the MQL5 Wizard work in MetaTrader 4"

New article Ready-made Expert Advisors from the MQL5 Wizard work in MetaTrader 4 has been published:

The article offers a simple emulator of the MetaTrader 5 trading environment for MetaTrader 4. The emulator implements migration and adjustment of trade classes of the Standard Library. As a result, Expert Advisors generated in the MetaTrader 5 Wizard can be compiled and executed in MetaTrader 4 without changes.

On the EURUSD M15 chart, the Expert Advisor trading looks good, including the way it sets the stop loss and take profit levels.

A chart window, demonstrating the work of an EA from the MetaTrader 5 Wizard in MetaTrader 4

A chart window, demonstrating the work of an EA from the MetaTrader 5 Wizard in MetaTrader 4

Author: Stanislav Korotky

Good day Mr Stanislav Korotky, I hope you are doing good.

I have find you article very interesting and I have try to follow your instruction on how make a ready-made MT5 EA be compatible to run in MT4.

But I getting the following error, could you please guide me on how to resolve the error?

what I did after following your instruction was: I just copy the MQL5 source file and the MQL5 Program then follow by pasting it into the main directory of Expert folder

and I got so many error.

Could you tell me how can I proceed on making the generated EA of MQL5 work in MT4?

Bellow are the attached error images.

Files:
Capture_1.PNG  52 kb
Capture_2.PNG  53 kb
Capture_3.PNG  56 kb
Capture_4.PNG  51 kb
Capture_5.PNG  59 kb
Capture_6.PNG  22 kb

Chris Lazarius:

what I did after following your instruction was: I just copy the MQL5 source file and the MQL5 Program then follow by pasting it into the main directory of Expert folder

and I got so many error.

I don't understand what you mean. You need to unzip the provided patch for MT4 library into MQL4/Include folder. MT5Bridge.mqh header is also required.

How did you get the source code of your expert adviser in MQL5? Only experts generated by MQL Wizard are supported.

After some investigation of the use-case above I can now make a note:

Don't forget to change your expert file extension from mq5 to mq4 after you copy it to MQL4/Experts folder and before compilation.

MetaEditor can compile both MQL4 and MQL5, but MQL5 internally provides many built-in types which will interfere with emulated types introduced in the MT5Bridge.mqh. This will not and is not intended to compile.

Reason: