VPS testing and monitoring

Hello,

I am new to VPS. I have migrated my EA to VPS and can see that VPS is running. But is there any possibility to Monitor the activity on VPS (to see the chart and what is going on?)  I am using a mql5 EA. Is there any possibility to test it on VPS? I tested it only on the Client terminal and migrated then to the Cloud.

Thank you

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

in vps says *signal server- disconnected* please help

Eleni Anna Branou, 2021.10.07 18:44

Its either your server or the signal's server that is disconnecting, trying to migrate again and if the problem persists try to change the MQL5 VP server.

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/subscriptions

Yes, you can monitor it.

Just watch the following videos here, and the article here:  Working with the Virtual Terminal 

-----------------

how to check if vps is running - the thread

-----------------

Virtual Platform Logs 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

metatrader vps hosting

Eleni Anna Branou, 2019.07.08 12:12

After the synchronization of the trading environment with the MQL5 VPS, trading is performed in the VPS server, not locally in your MT4/5 platform.

So, you only have to check the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals, to see the message that says that everything (EA, indicators or signals) runs normally.

Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
Working with the Virtual Platform - Virtual Hosting for 24/7 Operation - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
The rented virtual server status can also be easily monitored from the trading platform. The context menu of the server in the Navigator window allows you to: Details Details CPU, RAM and Hard Disk Virtual Platform Logs In the newly opened log window, you can set a piece of text the journal entries are to be filtered by and a desired interval...

is this mt4 or mt5? i did not have any option about different migration "all/ tables etc" when i bought mine.

thanks for reply though =) 

Hello 

is there any one have vps experience
i'm using mt4 platform
i did ea migration and got successful migration messages(charts mogration , ea migration...)
but no thing happen or the ea does not work
What is important steps to make real migration(may be needs ftp configuration or some thing like that)

Thamer Benmehiris:

Hello 

is there any one have vps experience
i'm using mt4 platform
i did ea migration and got successful migration messages(charts mogration , ea migration...)
but no thing happen or the ea does not work
What is important steps to make real migration(may be needs ftp configuration or some thing like that)

This is the reply: post #4

Sergey Golubev #:

Yes, you can monitor it.

Just watch the following videos here, and the article here:  Working with the Virtual Terminal 

-----------------

how to check if vps is running - the thread

-----------------

Virtual Platform Logs 

I have opened 41 charts and loaded 41 experts but the VPS server only loads 32 of them is there any limitation?

Emin Buelent Kasapoglu #:

I have opened 41 charts and loaded 41 experts but the VPS server only loads 32 of them is there any limitation?

Yes, 32 is the limit - according to the Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service :

During the synchronization, the client terminal's active environment migrates to the rented Virtual terminal. The client terminal's active environment includes:
  • active symbol charts Expert Advisors are launched on. Up to 32 charts are allowed to be migrated for a fee-based hosting, while for a free hosting the maximum number of migrated charts is 16,
  • built-in and custom indicators launched on the charts an Expert Advisor is launched on,
  • custom Expert Advisors launched on charts (up to 32 ones on a fee-based hosting and up to 16 ones on a free one),
  • the terminal settings set in FTP, Email, Signals, Notifications tabs as well as WebRequest permissions from Expert Advisors settings.
If more than 32 charts with launched Expert Advisors are active on a fee-based hosting account (more than 16 charts for a free hosting one), the charts exceeding the limit are not migrated during synchronization and the appropriate message appears in the Journal.
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
Rules of Using the Virtual Hosting Service
  • www.mql5.com
The page contains the rules of using the Virtual Hosting service (Virtual Hosting Cloud): general provisions, virtual hosting rental conditions, payment terms, as well as violations entailing termination of service.
Reason: