Requests & Ideas - page 390

Hi Mladen,

can you be so kind and help me with this Trailing Stop EA ?

I am not sure if this EA works correctly because every time I use it it is doing strange things. Is it because I use the wrong settings or because the EA has an error ?

I am using it with Ger30. And e.g. for 20 points, I have to set it to "200" instead of 20)

The idea is that after 20 points in profit I want the EA to set breakeven and then follow the price with a distance of 2 points.

For that I am using "TrailPips" and "MoveTrailEveryxxPips"

There are two settings which I don't understand although there is an explanation in the .mq4

"MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips"

Can you help me configure it?

Does this EA have an error or am I using the wrong settings?

TrailPips =200;

TrailStartsAfterBreakEven =true;

MoveToBreakEvenatpips =100;

MoveToBreakEvenLockpips =100;

MoveTrailEveryxxPips =20;

e_trailing_nmc.mq4

Files:

Solariz:
Hi Mladen,

can you be so kind and help me with this Trailing Stop EA ?

I am not sure if this EA works correctly because every time I use it it is doing strange things. Is it because I use the wrong settings or because the EA has an error ?

I am using it with Ger30. And e.g. for 20 points, I have to set it to "200" instead of 20)

The idea is that after 20 points in profit I want the EA to set breakeven and then follow the price with a distance of 2 points.

For that I am using "TrailPips" and "MoveTrailEveryxxPips"

There are two settings which I don't understand although there is an explanation in the .mq4

"MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips"

Can you help me configure it?

Does this EA have an error or am I using the wrong settings?

TrailPips =200;

MoveToBreakEvenatpips =100;

MoveToBreakEvenLockpips =100;

e_trailing_nmc.mq4

Solariz

That is because the point value for GER30 is set to 0.01 and digits to 2 even though the digits should be set to 0 and point to 1. That is a problem with metatrader - it is not quite made to work with indices, and I am afraid that you shall have to continue doing as you are doing now

Hi Mladen,

thanks for your help. So did I understand correct that for indices in general there is no EA of such type available ?

I just need that after 20 points in profit it then follows the price with a distance of 2 points.

I do not need "MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips"

Does it make a difference?

Solariz:
Hi Mladen,

thanks for your help. So did I understand correct that for indices in general there is no EA of such type available ?

I just need that after 20 points in profit it then follows the price with a distance of 2 points.

I do not need "MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips"

Does it make a difference?

Solariz

Whatever EA you are going to use you will have to adjust the parameters like you described in your previous post when you use it on GER30. It simply can not be made automatically since the data that metatrader uses in that case are set wrong (and probably it is set wrong for some other indices too)

mladen:
Solariz Whatever EA you are going to use you will have to adjust the parameters like you described in your previous post when you use it on GER30. It simply can not be made automatically since the data that metatrader uses in that case are set wrong (and probably it is set wrong for some other indices too)

Ok. Sorry, I understood your answer wrong in the first place.

So the EA works correct when I use the right settings you mean.

My question is what do I have to set for "MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips" I do not understand how they affect the EA.

Are "TrailPips" and "MoveTrailEveryxxPips" the settings I need for the above mentioned? If so, what does ""MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips" mean ?

Solariz:
Ok. Sorry, I understood your answer wrong in the first place.

So the EA works correct when I use the right settings you mean.

My question is what do I have to set for "MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips" I do not understand how they affect the EA.

Are "TrailPips" and "MoveTrailEveryxxPips" the settings I need for the above mentioned? If so, what does ""MoveToBreakEvenatpips" and "MoveToBreakEvenLockpips" mean ?

I do not think that you will be able to trail GER30 with a distance of 2 points in any mode (due to minimal stop loss distance). Try setting the stop loss to that value (manually on some manual order) and see if it will be accepted

mladen:
I do not think that you will be able to trail GER30 with a distance of 2 points in any mode (due to minimal stop loss distance). Try setting the stop loss to that value (manually on some manual order) and see if it will be accepted

Yes 2 points work. Minimum is "15 points". Which are 1,5 real points.

Do you know how to configure the EA for that?

Solariz:
Yes 2 points work. Minimum is "15 points". Which are 1,5 real points. Do you know how to configure the EA for that?

Since the point for GER30 from code returns 0.01 then you probably have to use 200 for it. Please try it on demo account first

mladen:
Since the point for GER30 from code returns 0.01 then you probably have to use 200 for it. Please try it on demo account first

Ok, I will test it. These settings? Did I understand correct?

TrailPips =200;

MoveToBreakEvenatpips =200;

MoveToBreakEvenLockpips =200;

Solariz:
Ok, I will test it. These settings? Did I understand correct?

TrailPips =200;

MoveToBreakEvenatpips =200;

MoveToBreakEvenLockpips =200;

Try using 2000 for trailing pips

Reason: