Suggestion to forum admins - page 3

Michel:
Hi ND,

Thanks for your endless looping work...

If this is technically possible and you find it should be a good idea, I would sujest that nobody with less than X posts has the right to start a new thread.

This to avoid all kind of boring anonymous advertising.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Please consider a simple fact: Most of pro-traders have never post a single word in this forum. There are much bigger world outside this forum.

Regarding to boring threads I aggree to the ideas that every one can have choise to turn on and off a thread according to his own selection rules. In your case you can turn off the thread starters that has less than three post.

In my case I'd like to turn off the thread that has more than 2000 post.

Regards

Jimmy

hi

jimmyking:
Hi Michel,

Please consider a simple fact: Most of pro-traders have never post a single word in this forum. There are much bigger world outside this forum.

Regarding to boring threads I aggree to the ideas that every one can have choise to turn on and off a thread according to his own selection rules. In your case you can turn off the thread starters that has less than three post.

In my case I'd like to turn off the thread that has more than 2000 post.

Regards

Jimmy

yeah...thread that has more than 2000 post it's so hard to understand what's main idea behind it ..especially the threads that has been deviated .you should read the post from beginning ..my suggestion is to filter the old post and only allow last 30 post with the link to the old one ...or someone who made those threads should give an explanation of his threads last update ...to prevent many newbie ask about threads last update

ex. the indicators last update

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
yeah...thread that has more than 2000 post it's so hard to understand what's main idea behind it ..especially the threads that has been deviated .you should read the post from beginning ..my suggestion is to filter the old post and only allow last 30 post with the link to the old one ...or someone who made those threads should give an explanation of his threads last update ...to prevent many newbie ask about threads last update

ex. the indicators last update

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz, yes, that's great idea. In fact, I am already in the process of compiling posts of relevant materials for my thread as it is nearing the 1500 mark. I will add the catergorized summary links on post #1, including substantive and valid criticisms, good or bad, as I would like to have that part of my disclosure. Unfortunately, most forum members, new and old, seem to READ only the last couple of posts or nice looking charts and start asking questions which may have already been answered in the past or jump into some unfounded conclusions and accusations.

Overall, I totally agree with the filtering features for some of the criteria mentioned here. I, myself, am looking for forum developer who can implement a number of security, privacy, and filtering features.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Members activity

Hello New Digital

I have a suggestion that may help people:

it would be interesting to see what has been the member activity lately (like a status green/red if inactive for more than one month or the last connection date) in order to know if the member who wrote the messages is still "on board".

Because I think that the posts from people who are on board for a long time are much more valuable.

Sometimes you will have new people who make tens of posts per day, claim excellent results, try to impress newbies by the "senior member" status acquired in few days and then finally disappear as they came.

With this activity status it will be easy to see that the posts have been written by people that are perhaps not in the Forex anymore and that maybe a valuable information;

Anyway it is just an idea.

Forex-tsd forum layout suggestion

To Forex-tsd admin/New Digital,

I would like to suggest to made some amendment to the current forum layout to let all the former more easy and faster to navigate around.

1) Current attachment link only located at the main front page threads. I would suggest to also put the link on every threads pages at the top right corner.

2) Current attachment page dosen't have the "date added" collumn. It would be usefull if the date added available to let us know which version was the latest attachment available.

3) Last but not list it would be great also if for every threads to put "Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread" and "Similar Threads" at the bottom of each threads.

TSD Linkbacks??

I don't know how most feel about the LINKBACKS at the bottom of each thread, but I don't see much added value for me personally. I do not know about the rest of you....

What I would like to see is something that can reference all the attachments in a thread so that its easier to locate something rather than going through every single page - something similar like in FF forum, but should also allow one to jump to that particular post that its associated with to read more information on it....

Linksback is helping a lot. At least we know who is quoting us and why. All links are presented.

About attachments - yes, there are a lot of requests. We are trying to do something.

ElectricSavant:
I cannot find the feedback section here...I hope I am posting this in the correct place...move it if necessary...

First of all...without sounding like a suck up...I want to thank you ND, for this site. MT4 must be real appreciative of the service that you do here for their platform...eventhough Forextsd is not connected with their company.

The owners of Forextsd made the right decision for you to be the anonymous one of "presence" here and you do a fine job of moderation overall, eventhough I do not agree with everything.

ES

Sometimes and depending the question we can choose different ways of communication. new PM, new post, new thread

Question is personal?, to all members? for a group of members? all forum?, just me?

The best feedback with moderators for personal questions is the PM.

They are ready to listening what members needs to say.

Reason: