SYNERGY Trading Method - page 52

Synergy Videos From Dean

For those that do not know, Dean has been making short videos of his live trading with synergy. These have been very useful. He has these archived at the bottom of the link below. thx mike

CompassFX | SYNERGY Method Nightly Videos

hi francoc,can you post please new templates?

Derk,

I have forward test this EA OTB on 5 pairs (aud/jpy, eur/jpy, eur/usd, gbp/usd and usd/jpy) on 15, 60 and 240 time frames since Jan 13th. The demo account has gone from 5K to 4.8 and I am working on determine if it's the TF, I am using or pairs, but there are is about 700 trades I am working thur

Could someone post their .set file and TF suggestions ad if I am using the wrong pairs, please let me know?

Thanks,

Ron

Unfortunately, I have never found settings that make this profitable, and thus I am pretty well giving up on the Synergy. I have put a lot of time and work into it, and it just doesn't seem to be a very sure system (EA-wise anyway). So it's going on the back burner. I may release one last version when I get a change to finalize it, because I added other trailing stops, and some memory stuff.

I tried to email Dean about a partnership of some kind, since I heard they are trying to write an EA for the system and I already have a pretty good head start, but got no reply.

So if anyone knows Dean Malone, have him contact me if he is interested.

Best,

-Derk

easy_man:
Derk,

I have forward test this EA OTB on 5 pairs (aud/jpy, eur/jpy, eur/usd, gbp/usd and usd/jpy) on 15, 60 and 240 time frames since Jan 13th. The demo account has gone from 5K to 4.8 and I am working on determine if it's the TF, I am using or pairs, but there are is about 700 trades I am working thur

Could someone post their .set file and TF suggestions ad if I am using the wrong pairs, please let me know?

Thanks,

Ron

I have good result with H4

DelkWehler, I use older version of Synergy EA and so far is doing alright.

I use H4 chart. I started with 500 USD demo account -Alpari UK (Feb22) and now the equity is already up to 2500 USD...!!! Am I dreaming or just lucky?

The idea using H4 is because (base on my understanding) the original method of synergy designed for D1 chart. Where H4 is close to D1, and mostly the earlier entry of D1 analysis can be found in H4.

I might try to change with the latest version.

DerkWehler:
Unfortunately, I have never found settings that make this profitable, and thus I am pretty well giving up on the Synergy. I have put a lot of time and work into it, and it just doesn't seem to be a very sure system (EA-wise anyway). So it's going on the back burner. I may release one last version when I get a change to finalize it, because I added other trailing stops, and some memory stuff.

I tried to email Dean about a partnership of some kind, since I heard they are trying to write an EA for the system and I already have a pretty good head start, but got no reply.

So if anyone knows Dean Malone, have him contact me if he is interested.

Best,

-Derk
Files:

Any chance you could post the version of the Synergy EA your using along w/ a set file? If you can't post a set file, just post your settings. I would like to run a massive backtest on this.

Derk know's what I'm talking about when it comes to massive backtesting.

Thanks a bunch!

kissaki:

I use H4 chart. I started with 500 USD demo account -Alpari UK (Feb22) and now the equity is already up to 2500 USD...!!! Am I dreaming or just lucky?

The idea using H4 is because (base on my understanding) the original method of synergy designed for D1 chart. Where H4 is close to D1, and mostly the earlier entry of D1 analysis can be found in H4.

nondisclosure007:
Any chance you could post the version of the Synergy EA your using along w/ a set file? If you can't post a set file, just post your settings. I would like to run a massive backtest on this.

Derk know's what I'm talking about when it comes to massive backtesting.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Non:

Long time... Well, a set file alone will not help you backtest; obviously you need to know what to try to optimize right? But you can probably figure that out from the last one; not much as changed.

Send me a private email -I seem to have lost your email address -and we'll discuss it.

And thank you for wanting to re-run it.

-Derk

kissaki:

Kissaki:

I am very pleased to hear it is working for you. I am going to move to the H4 chart myself soon. Can you please post your .set file and I will modify it to be in appropriate to the new version and post to back here. Also, what pair(s) are you running?

-Derk

DerkWehler:
Hey Non:

Long time... Well, a set file alone will not help you backtest; obviously you need to know what to try to optimize right? But you can probably figure that out from the last one; not much as changed.

Send me a private email -I seem to have lost your email address -and we'll discuss it.

And thank you for wanting to re-run it.

-Derk

Hey Derk. Set file would help as I could step it using that. But your right. settings shouldn't change since last time. But from what I remember, I didn't test on H4.

Maybe different results on H4?

Greetings. i've been following this thread & it's a good trading system. Although, i haven't tried this system, i've read the manual & it looks promising (kisaki's post agree with that too). i want to demo trade this system, but there is no template in derk's latest attachment. So, if anyone would be so kind to upload the template or tells me the settings for the indicators, i would be very grateful. Thank you

It's been 5 days & ....... template plz.....

Reason: