Have anyone managed to make a continiously profitable ea? - page 2

csebastian:
sort of ...

?? Like me and zzuegg or by another definition?

McKeen:

Thats kinda where I am too :/ At least 4-6 years back, but that doesn´t help me much considering the large timeframe and the consequenses of such ..

/ McKeen

consequences are depending on your moneymanagement..

zzuegg:
consequences are depending on your moneymanagement..
I mean that the consequenses of such high timeframes results in tiny positions thereby limiting possible wealth, ie conservative money management.

McKeen:

?? Like me and zzuegg or by another definition?
I had opened a topic about this ... see it in my profile ...

I have been developing systems for several years now. i am not a programmer so i teamed up with others on this forum and also paid to have some work done. my first robust EAs back tested beautifully. but then during forward tests they all failed pretty fiercely. the issue was the shift in market behavior, so i am not sold anymore on the idea that any automated technical strategy will constantly make enough returns safely enough for me to rely on as a primary source of income. nowadays i use a simple ea that prompts me to initiate trades, and i use my discretion to determine if the market is behaving before the trades are opened and i think that this is a smarter way to trade. each one of my trades closes automatically though so it is still semi automated...

csebastian:
I had opened a topic about this ... see it in my profile ...

That was a good read, thanks for pointing it out.

Seems we both had similar thoughts, I won´t reply in your thread since I noticed it wasn´t very popular :/...

Thanks to you other guys too for your replies, I am not gonna bumb this thread any more..

/ McKeen

How much forward testing would you consider sufficient proof of profitability?

My EA cannot be backtested, only forwardtested, due to the long time it takes to calculate projected market behaviour on every new bar.

gatornuke:

How much forward testing would you consider sufficient proof of profitability?

My EA cannot be backtested, only forwardtested, due to the long time it takes to calculate projected market behaviour on every new bar.

I really don´t know, I mean more like if anyone has been able to become truly profitable like increasing their capital over and over again over perhaps a few years or whatever it would take...

So they can really quit their job and focus on the trading only, without using any other capital.

So again, NO? It's impossible to make a profitable EA...

Wow, so what on earth is MQ4 for them? Just a programming hobby?..

So 3 years later I am back, and I´m bumping this old thread of mine...

Has anybody made it???

/ McKeen

Reason: