MetaTrader 5 Public Beta Testing - page 3

stringo wrote >>

Please wait for news in 1-2 hours.

ok thank you

I'm waiting patiently.

Lately, I have Invested a lot of money creating developing and upgrading custom indicators for myself employing programmers and now MetaQuotes Come easily and say that MQ4 will not work with MT5, no respect for clients, and i assure you that no such converter will be made my them nor support for Mq4 indicators, just as easy as that, so shall i reprogram the indicators in Mq5 !!! that's impossible so i made my mind to move to another platform that have some respect to users .

.... waiting... waiting......... what is the GMT time for release????

Mql5DestroyedMe:
Lately, I have Invested a lot of money creating developing and upgrading custom indicators for myself employing programmers and now MetaQuotes Come easily and say that MQ4 will not work with MT5, no respect for clients, and i assure you that no such converter will be made my them nor support for Mq4 indicators, just as easy as that, so shall i reprogram the indicators in Mq5 !!! that's impossible so i made my mind to move to another platform that have some respect to users .

Mql4 will be the mail metaquotes platform for at least one year.

and accoding to documentation, the convertion is simple.

:)

psousa:

Mql4 will be the mail metaquotes platform for at least one year.

and accoding to documentation, the convertion is simple.

:)

Easy for Programmers, but not to non - programmers traders. i won't employ programmers again to do the conversion, !

After 30 Minutes Date is going to change in my country i could not say that i downloaded MQ5 on 12 October

Mql5DestroyedMe wrote >>

I thought it was "job security"

Lenar:

Thats a brokers` decision, you should speak with your broker about it.

I would have thought it was up to Metaquotes how long they will support MQL4/MT4 for. It is Metaquotes that decides when to pull the plug on updating the software admin server and client side. Brokers go with the up to date most stable versions of software. It is wrong that Metaquotes is not supporting traders that want and need the same features and abilities of MT4 such as hedge trading, etc. It won't be to our peril but to Metaquotes because fewer and fewer traders will use MT5 which means less money from brokers once MT4 is no longer supported (MT3 was not supported and now no brokers use it - the same will happen with MT4 unless you give us some reason to think otherwise). Traders will just use Mt4 for charting and if they want automated trading they will do this and use some other platform and programming language, simple as that! Only Metaquotes is losing out, some day it will be sidelined with the attitude the company has. The day will come when it is no longer the most popular trading platform for forex. Just my 2pips. If this happens then it is well deserved. If the company then decides to start to listen it will be too little too late.

I would have thought it was up to Metaquotes how long they will support MQL4/MT4 for.

If it was up to Metaquotes, then they would have simply said something like "we will support it for another year or two.." or whatever they decided on and that would be that.

But they said it is up to the brokers, then it can only (most likely) mean that the brokers will decide, and Metaquotes will support them for as long as necessary.

In reality, there isn't much to support. MT4/MQL4 is mature software - there isn't much else their programmers need to or want to do. The issue is more likely to be the brokers' willingness to run two different platforms in parallel for any extended period.

Reason: