General - page 562

I have the description of the functions with the command print(help(mt5)) but i don't get the full understanding of it Your info is highly appreciated in advance
Importing MetaTrader5 module in cmd works well but deosn't work when i use pycharm IDE Please anyone know the reason of this error on pycharm? DESCRIPTION IS ON THE PICTURES BELOW
Is there any documentation that suggests how to proceed a standard way with martingales? I would like to launch a 0.01 trade and if I fail in my judgment I would enter the next one with double, which is 0.01 x 2 = 0.02 Later if that fails too, then in the next one I will enter with 0.02 x 2 = 0.04
Hi, I have been thinking about to to create a thread where EA Developers/Sellers can discuss and share similar errors and their possible solution on a daily basis. Because the automatic product validation software itself gets updated like all software does, possibilities for occurring new validation...
Hi, I have some EAs and today they started having a strange behavior, after updating to 2560. Every hour I reapply the templates (because some indicators get bugged), and it was working with no problems until today. Now every time I apply template , the graph window splits and creates another graph
My MT5 won't disable cores when running a back test, it shows gray and disabled in backtest agent but Task Manager still shows CPU is on 100% all cores Here is what happened: I usually run backtest 24 hrs and in the day time I will also use the computer for surfing ,gaming etc. Week before, I'm
Hey, When i try to install Market updates/items it opens the wrong MT4 app, how do i change this? TIA
Dear experienced traders Can I share my EAs without source and logic in the forum? I have some EA, and I'd like to improve set with more people. However, I don't want to public the code and detail work logic at least at now by some reason. I heard I have to public the code and detail work logic from
  The great loss mechanism  (78   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Almost everyone has non-systemic capital losses from currency or stock market transactions, and I am no exception. In this thread I propose to think about and understand the mechanism of these accidents to try and prevent them in the future. We are talking about significant one-off losses or a
When plotting EMA's, using the shift physically moves everything over X amount of bars. In my case I'm using -4 for both (capture.png). How do you do that with IMACD? When i use shift there with -4 as the shift value it gives me the value 4 bars to the left instead of physically shifting it 4 bars
Hi, The function of changing VPS accounts is problematic, I cannot change from MT5 account to MT4. Somebody please help me, Thank you very much
Hello, i am looking for someone who knows a lot about excel. I have "very simple" task, to analyze one candlestick pattern on double time frame. i run test on mt4 ea and export results to excel (first time frame), again exporting results to excel for second time frame, compare two time frame tables
i'd like to make my EA iterate through symbols , but for some reason the code isn't working void OnTick () { for ( int i= 0 ;i< SymbolsTotal ( true );i++) { string sym = SymbolName (i, true ); MqlRates pricedata []; ArraySetAsSeries (pricedata, true ); int data =
I have code that finds two highs within diffrent timespans, so the first looks x candles back and the other looks y candles back to then make a RAY. But i cant figure out how to implement if the candlestick breakes the trendline. hope you can help
Hi, I posted a job in freelance service and chose a developer, but unfortunately the developer could not perform the job. We both agreed that he would cancel the job, so I can select another developer. Is there any way for him to cancel the job, on mutual agreement, without arbitration
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Friday, December the 6th, 2019. The new version features the following changes: Terminal: More columns have become available in Market Watch. The main section now features 40 additional symbol parameters, which were previously available only under
Hi, I want to use a trailing stop to move by pips behind price, so when I sleep if price reverses I will not lose big. Does the built in one work on the MT5 VPS, and is it accurate. I seem to remember reading somewhere it wasn't very good. I definitely need one that works on the VPS. Cheers
Seems like I got stopped out when the price didn't hit that level. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong. Thoughts? (screenshot attached)
Hello folks, please is there any software that can be used to build EAs automatically without coding
hello, I want to be a signal seller , but mql5 tells my phone already has, choose another one, how many phones can I have. thanks
Hello everyone, I've made a function to look for position by ticket. It just chcecks if it exists. It works on history data but i doesn't on real time chart. The way it works is saving ticket in ulong variable orderTicket after OrderSend(request, resoult). Just orderTicket = resoult.deal and then i
  Auto Trading  (4)
Why does my expert work in ALPARI broker but not in PCM broker? Explanation: MetaTrader of both brokers is running on the same computer at the same time
That is said a lot in forums, YouTube videos, etc. Why? What are the differences? Thank you
Hi I am New with MQL5 I know this is ask several times. I have read that you must can create an EA that will spawn an indicator with different settings. My question is how can I automate this process until I get the desired win rate without using external MT5 tools. I want to ask first if this tools
How to get my password so that I can log into the mobile app
I have tried to install my expert on mt4, but doesn't work. I logged in with my account and when i press install it just refreshes my page over and over again. Also i have to introduce my login data every time i try. Does anybody have any idea what to do? I also should mention that i still have 3
How do I query the current timeframe of the chart by robot? In the older versions of Metatrader I have got the correct timeframe by Period() for example: 1 = M1, 2 = M5, 3=M15, 4=M30... Now the Period() return value is 0(zero) - allways. It is useless. Thanks, Norbert
Can't find signal <...> on MT4 <...> someone can help me i try to subscribe to this one and the trader don't answer
I'm can't using month time frame, because python write error: AttributeError: module 'MetaTrader5' has no attribute 'TIMEFRAME_MON1' Code: CandleOfPreviousMonth = mt5.copy_rates_from(CurrentSymbol, mt5.TIMEFRAME_MON1, PreviousMonthDateTime, 1 ) But this work for week or days ... How to fix this
Hi I have registered with mql5, and tried to browse through markets via local MT4 application. The moment I tried logging in, it gives a prompt that there is script error and then fails to load anything. Could any one point any pointers about this how to resolve this issue? Much appreciated