General - page 1819

Hi, The attached indicator has a visual alert, I was hoping someone may have or know how to also have a Audio alert as well.....would appreciate any help... regards, Leighton
Is there a way to set a trailing stop to trail by a percentage of the profit? For example, I don't want to set a TakeProfit but I want to activate a Trailing Stop to kick in when my profit hits 30 pips and then trail by 20% of the profit (instead of at market value)...so if the profit goes to 50...
Have someone can help with this indicator? I need to have the possibility to draw the sma...or not... Thanks Here's Tradestation Code: {Corrected Average (CA), A.Uhl, Oct. 25, 2005} vars: CA(0),SA(0),n(0), v1(0),v2(0),K(0); inputs: Price(Close),length(35); if CurrentBar=1 then CA=Price else begin if...
Dear Boaders, Does anyone have any idea how to mask the user input string to '******' while typing. I've code like this. Please help. Thank you. extern string Please_Enter_Password="0";
[Deleted]
1. Is there a way to check if an expert actually works, meaning that it can open/close positions (trade). The thing is that it happened a lot to me that, like, I put an expert on a graph, see a smiley face, but the expert never trades. Is there a way to check if it works properly? 2. Also, I've...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Lingyu Jiang (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/58/) has been published. Jiang gave a brief account of forex trading in Japan and China and described his Expert Advisor: My Expert Advisor tries to catch the main...
Is it possible to make this EA work? (see the attached image) So, here we have a H1 chart, Moving Average(10) -yellow line, and Bollinger Band (20) -red lines. Lets focus on the middle BB line and MA line: - When yellow MA crosses the middle BB from BELOW, then we have bullish trend and the graph...
Hi Metaquotes, Quite a number of times each day, I'm getting orders rejected by the trading server with an "[Invalid S/L or T/P]" error, only to have the order accepted if I try it again. The section of log below shows this for a USDCAD trade... 10:30:00 '457682': instant order sell 12.50 USDCAD...
  Color change  (2)
Hi all Can someone please make an indicator that is adjustable and can be used for the diifirent ma 's (smooth or exp or simple or linear) that changes its color when it changers its direction (like green for up and red for down) thank a lot I posted this somrwhere else too
Hi I came across this link: https://fxnet.efixonline.com/webpl/public/register.aspx?type=pta&lang=English&SID=37016 Can anyone tell me something about this? I understand that traders can sign an agreement with this broker for insuring their losses. It says: "You may pay a premium of 100 USD to 1,000...
Hi All, On Market Execution with ECN feed, I can open a trade manually with +1,+2,…-3,-4,0, etc. I closed one open position on +2, I saw this price, but in Account History this trade appear as –3. It is possible to create an Expert Advisor that will open only on positive prices and close...
Hi everyone, I have a problem, I have historical forex TICK data from GAIN capital and I would like to convert it to OHLC time frame kind of data so I can use it for historical testing in Wealth Lab. Does anyone have a good idea how to solve the problem ? Maybe a program like CSV splitter that...
hello guys, i am looking for one of W.D Gann's books. it called : How to make profits in commodities. i found in emule spanish/italian version of this wonderful book but unforunatly i cant read these languages. i'll be hugely thankful if someone help me with an english version . thanks !
  Time line  (1)
I find there is a big problem with the time in MT. For example, if I wish to update my indicator exactly every 5 minutes on a 1 minutes chart, it seems simple, but I found it is actually quite difficult to realise. The problem lies which time reference to use: LocalTime( ), CurTime( ), or Time[0]....
  SendFTP  (4)
Hi, can anyone offer a working example of SendFTP, I tried the following code, but doesn't work. Cheers void start() { string fpt_path = "ftp://username:password@ftpserver/"; SendFTP("GBPUSD_1M.gif", fpt_path); } The ftp_path is tested in IE explore, which works fine. The files is...
  Profiles  (1)
I would like to get some feedback on this issue. http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/254/
Hello sirs The East what somebody could say to me, what I have to write in an Expert so that it limits itself in his(its,her) purchases and in its sales. I make tests with "fire bird" but for every account explode, everything goes away in negative because of the important number of purchases and
Hello Sirs I use an Expert (Fire bird) but he takes too many Lot in the purchase and in the sale, so that my account explodes. The East what among you somebody could say to me what it is necessary to write in the program, so that he makes for example only 10 operations by pair of currency. In...
I'd like to draw something like this: Don't know how to do this in MT4? Do you know some drawing functions tutorial for MT4?
Hi, all, does anybody have "stepmaexpert_v142" EA to share with me? Thanks.
I've been forward testing using the interbank fx demo server. But it seems there are connection problems daily. I need to reboot my computer just to get online. I most commonly see "No Connection", but sometimes "Common Error" (not sure what that means). Can someone recommend a reliable demo...
  Mql2Mq4 v2.0  (3)
Hi, Just a little word about this tool. With it you can convert Expert, Indicator, script, functions writen in MQL II to MQL 4 compatible with last Metatrader 4 version. Very usefull to speed up convertion of old scripts. You can download last shareware version here https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http...
  Set me up please  (4)
Hello All i ran across this website from google. I have seen plenty of information about forex and indicators. I have also read alot of threads, but i could not fit the pieces together. I see indicators with (.mq4) extention but i do not know where to place them. Can some body put me on track here?...
  New here .. seeking help  (14   1 2)
Hello All i ran across this website from google. I have seen plenty of information about forex and indicators. I have also read alot of threads, but i could not fit the pieces together. I see indicators with (.mq4) extention but i do not know where to place them. Can some body put me on track here?...
  Swaps  (10)
Hi ppl, Someone knows what is the broker that uses meta 4 and pays more swaps (interests). Thanks Fast_cris
Hi all, I'm having a problem calculating the moving average of the RSI. I thought that I had the code right, but, the values I'm returning from the code are different than what I'm getting in the indicator window. I've attached a screenshot. For the screenshot, look at the first "RSIMA Vals:". The...
I'm getting several "off quote" errors when my EA tries to open trades. The orders are sent with a 5 pip slip deviation. My application writes to a logfile with the new, refreshed price, so I know the price has not moved much. It doesn't happen all the time, but I have several of these errors...
I have read thru a slew of posts, and have succeeded in confusing myself. Is there ONLY a ZeroCode download to create EAs for MT3, or is there also a ZeroCode download to create EAs for MT4? Sorry for such a newbie question.
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Karol Przybytkowski (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/53/) has been published. Karol gives interesting details about his Expert Advisor, which has been keeping its place among the Top Ten of the Championship for most...
When you open the Market Watch pane, you can right click on a pair, select properties, and you can view the current swap rate for both long and short trades within that pair. I would love it if someone here could tap into that data and create a .mql that you could attach to any chart, and in the top...