General - page 1809

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the recent news has been published: "One Server Outage" (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/73/). One of the servers, on which the client terminals and Expert Advisors of the Championship Participants are working, failed last Saturday....
Folks, Is it possible to create candlestick like chart in the seperate indicator window? I want to draw candlestick price in a seperate indicator window for a currency. Thanks, Kash
  EA question  (1)
Hi all ! I have a quite simple question (I think...) Suppose I have a EA that opens several trades - all with sepecific TP. Now, I want that this EA will close all the other open trades, once one of the open trades will hit it's TP. I want that this will happend also if the EA was stopped from some...
Hi guys, I was wondering how can we make an EA based onthe pivot points or murray math, support and resistance or trendline indicators...I mean how can we define the price at the support and resistancein the EA.... Thanks
Can you have the same expert running on several different charts, with different external variables on each chart? thanks Nicholas
I'm thinking on a new system, but I need an appreciation indicator like the image attach anyone know where to find it? many thanks roger
  An Alert For Indicator??  (17   1 2)
Could someone make an alert for this indicator. Basically whenever an arrow, weather it's a buy or sell, comes up on the chart I would like it to sound an alert. Many thanks in advance!!! -Forexdude
I wonder if I can start 2 terminal sessions at the same time? i.e., one for demo, one for real. Since I know that this can be done using different windows login names, is it also possible to be done under one login name only?
Hello. For the moderator. The new software update seems to have caused a problem when "restore down" a window/chart. For example, if the window/chart is "maximized" (i.e. full size window - refering to the tabs at the top right corner) and then you "restore down" the window/chart (thus a smaller...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Sixth Week" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/71/). Six weeks of the competition are behind us now. The Automated Trading Championship 2006 is the half way through. There are continuous...
  Reciprocal  (4)
I am not the greatest mathematician but I have some functions I am converting from easy language that use the reciprocal of a number to provide a multiplyer in another function. double method (int pwr) { double frac=0; frac=1/pwr; dootherstuffwith frac } However when I Print this the expression...
Hi Slawa, Can these be possible?: 1) "Lock" a chart. If an EA is on the chart and I "lock" the chart, then I cannot change the currency pair or the periodicity without "unlocking" first. Why? My EAs use unique magic# based on currency and periodicity. If I accidentally change chart, EA will...
  Plotting dots  (2)
I have an indicator that generates discrete values for each bar and I want to be able to plot them as rows of dots. The only options I can see in the SetIndexStyle method are DRAW_LINE and DRAW_SECTION, and I am passing STYLE_DOT as the 3rd argument. I want to draw discrete dots, not a dotted line....
Hi I've got this weird problem where I'll use my strategy tester to test a strategy with $100 and it will test all the way through the testing dates, and I'll have maybe 15 trades. But if I raise the start amount to 500 or 1000, then the tester stops making trades halfway into the test, and I only...
I was wondering, how do you think "the perfect trader" should be like? What qualities, what atitude you think a "perfect trader" would have? In other words, what type of man you'll have to be in order to have the most chances as a trader?
Is it possible to make an indicator wich send a new post in forum at every new trade? It has to indicate, time, enter price, eventually stop & profit levels etc.. Thank you
[Deleted]
The newest version of Metaquotes has not made an official release yet, but it is still available. One of the new features is the ability to download history in the terminal. Click "Tools", "History Center", click a currency pair, double click M1, "Download". The data starts 1999.01.04 and should be...
I will have a journal for each symbol traded in an EA, so I can see what symbols are most profitable. How can I code that ? Thanks for help.
  Profit sure  (11   1 2)
hellow all!!! every time the price voucher new record he return backwards if he costs 10-15 pips he thesis 10-12 pips several times whereupon again he costs thus at any time that he comes to the record new at times remote he just rising preferable negotiator 5-10 minutes after that time the message...
Is it possible to back test correlation type of EA?
Hi - I'm trying to backwards test an EA but having trouble finding good historical data. The link that I see recommended everywhere is just leading to their sitemap now (https://www.mql5.com/go?link=http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php) Does anybody have historical data for GBPJPY for...
Dear admin, I would like to join elite group, but too bad that my country doesnt allow paypal for payment transaction, So can I pay with e-gold account instead? Thanks... (I dont know whether I have posted in the right place, coz I couldn't find any better thread except this)
Hello All, I have two indicators that I use on the Metatrader 4 platform (MT4). I have attached them in this post. Here is what I am hoping for. Can sombody please take these indicators and convert them over to the metastock format? I have Metastock version 9.1. I would really appreciate this and...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198&q=freedom+to+fascism
  Period Converter script  (12   1 2)
Is anyone else having problems with the period_converter script? I run it, but it runs infintely and consumes 100% CPU. I've been stopping it after 30 minutes and running the next interval I want to convert. All the data looks populated. But when I run my tester with Every tick and Recalculate, I...
[Deleted]
  Some Revised Indicators  (20   1 2)
I will try to revise a couple of indicators that have been accused of repainting the past so that they don't. The first in that series is the Fisher Yurik. Can someone review it and check it to make sure that it is not repainting? Thanks. Edit: Uploaded revised version