General - page 1705

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to add nested menus for my indicators. As I write stuff, the INSERT::INDICATORS::CUSTOM submenu gets really crowded. I know it's easy to move files around that you aren't using, but a better solution would be nested folders so you could keep different projects in...
  Can anyone code this simple EA?  (57   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello All Traders and MQL coders, I have no knowledge of MQL programming, so if anyone can code this simple EA then I will be really very very thankful to him and this will be counted as very kind Help! What I actually need is: 1) Note the price of GBP/USD at 7am (GMT 0) 2) And put two orders at the...
Difference Between Price AND MOVING AVERAGE
hai guys, Im a going to be a fulltime forex trader. right now am collecting around around300-400 pips weekly. i would like to be a recognized forex trader by any recognized body so i can build up my image in the eyes of the world. prefrerabably online basis. anybody know how and who i should contact...
  sos
hi technos, am new to 4x and sochastics, can sum1 help?
Hi. This has me completely baffled. The code below simply closes a basket of currency pairs that have the same magic number. The OrdersTotal() function reports the correct number of open orders, whose value is used in the 'FOR' loop. However, this loop is often exited prematurely, especially if...
To use an EA on MT4 you need to keep your PC turn on .... Is there any way to use an EA during 24h without direct use of PC ?
Hi, I've looked forever but can't find a script to place 2 pending orders at my prices, a pending buy stop at one price and a pending sell stop at another. Does such a script exist, most straddles work on "x pips away from the current price" but this is not the same as setting my own price with...
[Deleted]
I want learn how to make my own strategy tester for mq4. Is there instructions that are easy to learn to figure all this out. Or is there all ready a bunch of strategy done that you can modify to your own taste. thankyou kauaibobby
I recently had someone from these forums send me a private message offering me pay if I wrote him a program. Then after I wrote him the program, he said $150 was way too much, and that he thought $30 was more than enough. Honestly, I felt insulted! I'd more likely program for free than for such...
What is the preferred method of referring to a close at time t? I tried using iClose , and using a shift value determind by (Time[0] - Time[target])/(60*period()), however, this generated *very strange* results in my indicator. After mucking about for quite some time, I discovered that the cause of
Where is it please?
MT4 crashes when it opens. I have tried the following: - reinstalled (installed v208, upgraded again to 211) - renamed all recently changed expert advisors Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 211, 15 Oct 2007) Owner : MoneyTec LLC (StrategyBuilderFX - Metatrader) OS : Windows XP
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Statistical Report #1 has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/278/). A month has passed since the contest started. Now we have a rich source of materials to be analyzed. The results of multiaspect analysis of...
It's easy to think that the price will continue forever, or that you'll make money trading that one direction until you become a millionaire. It's even easier to think you will survive without money management by doubling your position and place order randomly without a system. Yes, you're probably...
Hi, Consider this trailing stop script for a long position (it actually opens an order then tracks it, setting stoplosses). Furthermore consider that Lows are ascending (making new highs so to speak). I would think that the script would have no problem updating the stopLoss according to the previous
Hi I wonder if somebody could help as I am looking for ways to reduce the length of my code. I have got 3 variables tick1,tick2 & tick3 if (OrderComment() == "Euro_Level_3" ) { OrderModify (tick1,0,0,OrderOpenPrice()+(PipsToProtect*Point),0,Blue); OrderModify (tick2,0,0...
Hello, Can a programmer please write the following EA: Open trade at XX:XX GMT Close trade at XX:XX GMT Take profit Stop Loss Trade direction (long or short) MM (switch to turn off & on) Fixed lot size The idea is from another thread here on this forum. It opens trades at 00:00 GMT all the same...
The 8and8 method (a.k.a. Fozzy method) has been having a great week so far. The system rules allowed a short on the USD/CAD at 0.9357 to rejoin the downtrend (+185 pips) and got in on a long trade at today's open on the GBP/USD (+165 pips). Will move my stop up on that one at tomorrow's open to...
Hi, people Has come across very interesting terminal. The distributive here: http://onix-trade.net/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=20886
[Deleted]
Does anybody know how to program the Stochastic Momentum similar to Metastock's Stochastic Momentum? Or, tell me where I could find it
  20 pips scalp system  (23   1 2 3)
Hi guys i'm testing out a system that i've been working on for scalping gbp/usd based on Stochastic. Manual back testing seems to be promising, but then again it's only backtesting. So I'm starting this thread for documenting all the signals this system generate on forward testing. !!Please note...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, the article Jury Session Record of the 6th of November 2007 has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/276/). At the session, the Jury discussed disqualification of several Participants. Three more Participants dropped out of...
Hello Everyone, Just joined up here and im looking for a bit of help. im looking for an ea/indicator etc that will send me an email when the rsi reaches different points, ie 30, 50, 70. Is this possible?? If so, does anyone know where I can get my grubby hands on it???? Great forum by the...
  trading events: How?  (17   1 2)
I'll like to know aw I can trade events to give the maximum profit possible
I attached a simple EA to several M1 charts but the EA failed to trigger order and I found messages " XXXXXX (EA name), Symbol, Time Frame, uninit reason 1 ( sometimes 3 and sometimes 5)" were recorded in Expert Tag. No other information shown in Journal Tag. The EA works well on M30 or higher TF....
[Deleted]
here's the indicator PowerTrend - MQL4 Code Base does anyone here know how to use it? it doesnt even explain whats the meaning of those color on the histogram.
Hi all,I'm a forex newbie and heard that there is a software,which can store forex financial calendar data,its name is "forex calendar 2",and the link to download refer here,I can't download it with it's link: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum It would be much appreciated if you give me a valid link to...