General - page 1432

Auto FX GBPUSD  (1)
Hi, this is my automated strategy optimized to trade the GBPUSD. I'm attaching a backtest from 2009.02.01 to show what it has been optimized to. Take note of max dd ( less than 20% ) and roi. This bot will run for the next 6 months on these settings before the next optimization cycle. Max DD allowed...
You want it, you've got it! After the publication of the article The Mystery of Changing Leaders Solved? we have received many requests to write an article having a greater analytical bias. Today we have a hot topic - comparing the Expert Advisors' parameters obtained during the automatic tests...
  Daily Technical Outlook  (53   1 2 3 4 5 6)
EURGBP- Although the cross closed higher for a second week in a row the past week, it will have to break and hold above the 0.7961 level to resume its corrective recovery triggered from the 0.7761 level. This if seen will open the door for a run at the 0.8039/93 levels. We expect a back off lower...
Hello everyone, in this thread i will post my forex tecnical analysis with pics. TERMS OF USE Opinions expressed in all posts do not constitute advice or recommendations to buy or sell. Predictions expressed are the author’s expectations and they may not happen
Hello, Does anybody know a software (free or paid) that can install ex4-files, template files and a dll-file into the correct folder as an installation wizard? I have seen some commercial forex software that have this option and is wondering if anybody know where to get/buy this type of software...
I know that this post has nothing to do with anything related to trading ... except that it coincides with an end of period when men (people) believed that if they get together they can do anything (together). Neil Armstrong was a symbol of such times when people were believing in joint efforts to...
A working group led by Germany's deputy finance minister is studying the possible economic impact of a Greek exit from the euro zone, a newspaper reported on Friday, as Chancellor Angela Merkel prepared for talks with Greece's prime minister. Merkel says she wants Greece to stay in the common...
Hey guys, I would like to look at charts where USD is the bid price (E.X. USD/EUR). I have the demo version of MetaTrader 5 and there are only a few Major Forex currency pair combinations. Is there a way to custom trading options by making my own currency pairs?
Hello everyone, Please can I have some help with this coding problem. I need to assign values to 4 variables for further use in my simple EA. double HighVal //HighVal is the highest bid value since Open[8] datetime HighTime //HighTime is the time of the highest bid since...
  OnCalculate  (2)
I want my indicator to make calculations every 1-2mins and not on every tick. I tried using OnTimer but couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Is there a way? I'd be happy if the calculation was done on the closing of a candle...
Hi, I just installed a fresh download of MetaTrader5 and I can start up the MetaEditor. It just gives me an error message saying: "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library gdiplus.dll". I used to have MetaTrader4 installed, is that the problem or is it...
Posting this in a separate thread since it is not a "news" ... but rather a "gray prediction" _______________________________ The eurozone's economy is set to contract by 0.5%-0.6% in the July to September quarter, tipping it into its second recession in three years, a closely-watched survey...
  Forex broker and regulation  (18   1 2)
There are lots of forex brokers, some of them are regulated while rest not. Is it needed for a broker to be regulated from financial regulatory agencies or firms? If a broker or agency is registered in a particular country where it is doing business. Is regulation compulsory in this condition as...
HI Guys and Gals, Looking for some advice here. I have an EA that runs on 21 charts. I have 2 VPS severs (both with 1Gig Ram) that are both running 3 open MT4 platforms each with 21 open charts. They run OK although sometimes the EA misfires and sometimes the VPS seems to labour a little. Anyway for...
  Debugger don't stop  (12   1 2)
Hi, MQL5-experts: My MetaEditor don't stop at the defined breakpoints. I am starting debugging with F5. The first lines of codes are int OnInit() { //--- Do we have sufficient bars to work if(Bars(_Symbol,_Period)<60) // total number of bars is less than 60? // <-----...
[Deleted]
Hi, Anyone on FX-TSD using Bryce Gilmores WaveTrader? If so I have a couple of questions, please let me know. ~WW
Ready, Steady, Go! From June 4, 2012, anyone can register to participate in the Automated Trading Championship 2012. Submit your Expert Advisor and it will take part in the battle of the strongest trading robots. During three months, Expert Advisors will trade on the Forex market without...
Registration at the Automated Trading Championship 2012 for everyone to challenge for real $ 80,000 will end very soon. There are over 2,000 applications, but only little more than 1000 of them have passed verification of personal data - less than half! Participants, whose EAs have overcome...
Hi All (especially respectful Mladen or MrTool), I am thinking of trading with a setup like this, Buy: When price close above 5SMA HIGH and MACD showing positive value (trending up) Sell: When price close below 5 SMA LOW and MACD showing negative value (trending down) However, i am not a coder at...
Can i run an EA on several different currency charts at the same time? Will they affect each other?
  help needed  (1)
Hi i came accross this indicator works enough too be successfull i need someone who can make it into an EA based on this indicator any help appriciated thanks from gilad .
  chart tabs  (1)
Hello All, For the life of me I cannot find out how to show the little tab that tells you what currency pairs you are looking at. It is the tab that is at the bottom of the chart. Also, for some reason, it doesn't show all the tabs; sometimes only 4; the whole bottom row is not filled with tabs....
Some very Important questions which I expect FX Central Bosses to answer: 1) FX Central went overboard last year proclaiming to the world that they are the 1st Forex Broker to be approved by RBI They put this ad all over the net and on their website FXCentral.net. But now all that has been removed...
[Deleted]
I wonder if there are poeple here, who are making a living out of the profits of their EA's. Making a living is the reason why I started learning programming and traiding, which is probably the reason for most of us, but some things that I see make me sceptical about it. Thouse are the reasons...
Hello MetaQuotes, Could you consider adding a very simple enhancement to the MetaEditor - Ctrl+Delete hotkey - that would delete everything from the cursor position to the end of the line (just like it does in MS Word)? This could be very quick and handy in deleting e.g. comments or particular...
My EA can't pass file qualification : mail received : 4. Start finished in 3 min 9 sec 5. Statistics disconnected disconnected 309 kb of log files there are no trading operations copy of report screenshot failed 4 errors There was 2 weeks the same code has pass and has made...
Anyone know where the mq file is for the EXT_SPEED indicator? I have attached the ex4 here, it is using a lot of CPU, can someone do anything to reduce the cpu resourses it is using please?
I try using copy buffer to receive indicator data as time series but after I looked to Indicator data, it shows different data. This code is below : int MAPeriod = 20 ; int MAHandle; double MAValue[ 5 ]; MAHandle = iMA ( _Symbol , 0 ,MAPeriod, 0 , MODE_SMA
Hi, I had an indicator modded today - JJRSX2 - but it not working as I had hoped. Below is a shot of how it should look: And here is how it looks at the moment.. As you can see, the shifted line in the top image IS actually SHIFTED. The red line (Buffer1) in the bottom image is not...