Looking For An MQL5 Coding Buddy

I started coding the EA in MQL4 but decided it was time to switch to MQL5.

I want to write an EA which will take trades off support and resistance levels, but will also use protective hedges to guard against loss in case the trade doesn't go the direction it is supposed to.

The protective hedge will be lifted when there is a good probability of the original trade going in the correct direction. The intent is to not use stop losses as risk control but to use hedges.

Basically I'm trying to implement what Tom of Simply Forex does in his live trading. Skip to 1:17

I'm switching to MQL5 in order to utilize the Multi-Currency feature because it is difficult to direct hedge in the USA, so I will put protective hedges on in highly correlated pairs.

If you are interested in being my coding buddy please feel free to message me.

Thank you

Drawing Resistance and Support Levels Using MQL5
Drawing Resistance and Support Levels Using MQL5
  • www.mql5.com
This article describes a method of finding four extremum points for drawing support and resistance levels based on them. In order to find extremums on a chart of a currency pair, RSI indicator is used. To give an example, we have provided an indicator code that displays support and resistance levels.

You should post your request into Freelance section to hire a developer for your job.

Fabio Cavalloni #:
You should post your request into Freelance section to hire a developer for your job.

Thanks Fabio, but I want to code it myself.

I just don't know MQL5 syntax well enough yet, but I will complete it with or without help.

It could take months to tweak it in, and I want 100% hands on myself start to finish.

I was about a week away from having semi-auto trading code running in MQ4.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I strongely suggest to hire a skilled developer to code it. I would never imagine of consequences of trading real money with a badly coded EA due to poor skills.

But you are free to do what you prefer. For sure, if you are not going to hire a developer, no one will code if for free to you here on the forum.

And if you want to do it by yourself, you don't need our help, just read documentation and grow your experiece in mql.

Fabio Cavalloni #:

I strongely suggest to hire a skilled developer to code it. I would never imagine of consequences of trading real money with a badly coded EA due to poor skills.

But you are free to do what you prefer. For sure, if you are not going to hire a developer, no one will code if for free to you here on the forum.

And if you want to do it by yourself, you don't need our help, just read documentation and grow your experiece in mql.

Fabio, thank you for sharing your perspective. I appreciate your experience and insights. You are an extremely skilled and experienced programmer with your own successful products. However, I believe that pursuing the development of my own application is a wise decision for the following reasons:

1. Learning Opportunity: Building an app from scratch provides an invaluable learning experience. It allows me to deepen my understanding of programming concepts, architecture, and problem-solving. The hands-on process of designing, coding, and debugging will enhance my skills significantly.

2. Creativity and Ownership: Creating my own app allows me to express my creativity and vision. I can tailor it to meet specific needs or solve a unique problem. Owning the entire development process—from ideation to deployment—gives me a sense of accomplishment and pride.

3. I'm not looking for a free coding job. I am looking for collaboration. I understand no one wants to work for free. I know I don't like to. 

I respect your opinion, but I believe that embarking on this journey will contribute positively to my growth as a developer. 

I'm currently coding this EA. When it is close to operational, would you like to take a look at it and possibly become involved with its continual development?

Best regards, and thanks for your concern.

How to Become a Programmer: 8 Steps to Building an App from Scratch | Codementor
How to Become a Programmer: 8 Steps to Building an App from Scratch | Codementor
  • Codementor Team
  • www.codementor.io
Quick start guide to becoming a programmer and building your own app from scratch.
Reason: