algorithmic trading is not executing trades on shares CFDs on OANDA

does anybody has tried any EA trading of shares CFDs on OANDA?

i tried but orders are not executing.

if manually trading i get this in journal:

but if a robot trying to open trade i get this:

what could be the reason for rejection? the error code is 10006

i contacted the broker but they have no idea since its 3rd party application

Is your broker allowing to place orders ? by EA ?

Sergey Golubev #:
Is your broker allowing to place orders ? by EA ?
Yes i confirmed that EA is allowed

i really need to reach to MT5 technical support to know for sure if EA is allowed or not on my account, because OANDA says that its allowed, while orders is not going through. anybody knows how to reach them?

RadoWay #:
i really need to reach to MT5 technical support to know for sure if EA is allowed or not on my account, because OANDA says that its allowed, while orders is not going through. anybody knows how to reach them?

The trading account, the symbols, the price on the chart, and money for trading, the specification of the symbols, and so on - all of them are related to the brokers only. It is not related to MT5 technical support. Because the trading accounts and thhe symbols to trade are not related to the MT5 software program; it is related to the broker you selected.

------------------

So, it may be the bug in your EA (related to your code), or this symbol is having some limitation in the specification of the symbol (related to the broker).

There is many threads about this error 1006 (for example - this one), and some of the threads/reasons are related to the bugs in the EA, and the other threads/reasons are related to the ask/bid/LAST price and how it was coded inside the EA.

What could cause this error retcode: 10006
What could cause this error retcode: 10006
  • Dean-Trades
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, My orders go through almost all the time but one order did not overnight and the only thing it says is Request rejected...

More example about why the coder of your EA should fix it:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

phi nuts, 2012.12.28 13:00

Looks like you only check for error from  Trade Server . You should also check for other error as well, like Runtime errorsand then make an adjustment to your order send. What GetLastError() that you got when your trade had rejected error 10006. 

..and more threads/posts (about error 10006).

---------------------

So, you should find the reason by yourself, or ask your coder to fix your EA for you.

I have tried all kinds of orders and all kinds of filling modes and i noted the volume step for sure, and tried multiple stock exchanges (us and uk). I used mqltraderequest structure and also tried ctrade library. The frequency of opening positions of my EA is minimal.
All this came to the same rejection error as mentioned earlier.
Reason: