Inputs on Reports

I think not having Inputs shown on Optimization Reports defeats the purpose of saving the report.

The same goes for the Strategy Tester Report; but especially for optimization.

This should be an easy and useful fix.

Though a little bit of thought needs to go into it.

Often the number of parameters is quite lengthy. You probably need a header row such as :-

Header:

Parameters 1: Stoploss=5; TakeProfit=400; blah; blah; blah
Parameters 2: Stoploss=10; TakeProfit=600; blah; blah; blah
etcetcetc

And then results could then have the parameter number at the end. Better formatting and easier to read.

Just a thought and I agree they need to be shown
Martin

I mean whats the point of saving reports if I can't see which inputs produced that report?? Sure I can write it down on a piece of paper, but really....

Rest your mouse over an item in the first column and the input parameters will appear.

However, I think they should appear visibly on the report.

- Vooch

I know about the tool tip pop-up.

But the other thing that I've started doing is just right click, hit copy, then paste that into a spreadsheet. I would prefer they be saved on the html report and to do so would be an pretty obvious feature (to me), but this spreadsheet will work for now. I'm guessing that I can also import the graph pic. On very lengthy optimizations, you can see patterns form on the graph and it will tell you what groups of parameters have the most impact positive or negative...so its quite helpful.

I think that in about 12-16 months, MT4 will actaully be where we all want it to be. Yay! :o|

> I think that in about 12-16 months, MT4 will actaully be where we all want it to be. Yay! :o|

You may be very right about that. I've spent 2 months so far testing MT4 and I will spend at least two more weeks. If I keep running into problems, then I will take off a few months because my time is too valuable to waste on debugging someone else's product for free.

I like MT4, but I am not satisfied yet.

- Vooch

I like MT4, but I am not satisfied yet.

Precisely
Reason: