My computer rebooted and now a chinese trading account appeared in my mt5

Weirdest thing happened, 

I am on a macbook, i am using Paralells to run windows and mt5, i left the computer and it rebooted due to a kernel panic caused by my usb-c hub.

When i opened mt5 again my demo accounts were not there anymore and a live chinese account appeared with "Login" "Password" "Cetificate Password" and "Server" already filled, it was asking me a "one time only password" to login.

I tried deleting the account but nothing happens, i will have reinstall mt5 i guess...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Suspicious account

Dr Matthias Hammelsbeck, 2022.06.12 11:41

Hi,

after two weeks in holidays I restarted the MetaTrader trading software. But strange things happened:

• all connections to the broker servers are lost
  • Instead I see a very suspect account which I cannot delete:

Any ideas what happened here?

Matthias

Suspicious account

Fernando Carreiro, 2022.06.12 13:44

You seem to have corrupted file data. Do you not keep regular backups which you can restore?

If not, you may need to delete the relevant file "<data folder>\Config\accounts.dat" and recreate it, or maybe even do a new clean install.

Suspicious account

Dr Matthias Hammelsbeck, 2022.06.12 14:20

That 's it!
I restored the file accounts.dat from the backup. It is ok now.
Thanks, Fernando. 

Fernando Carreiro #:

Oh thank god is nothing serious, i reinstalled mt5 and now everything is back to normal

I appreciate the help, thank you.

gotta love how the best trading platform is also the worst xD

Leonardo #: Oh thank god is nothing serious, i reinstalled mt5 and now everything is back to normal. I appreciate the help, thank you.

You are welcome!

I have the same issue. 

I've done a reinstall and its happened again. 

Oliver Potter #: I have the same issue. I've done a reinstall and its happened again. 

You will need to figure out what is corrupting your files. You probably have some faulty hardware.

Fernando Carreiro #:

How to create .DAT file if I delete the corrupted version.

Manpreet Singh #: How to create .DAT file if I delete the corrupted version.

Obviously, by inputting the trading account credentials again manually via MetaTrader.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Obviously, by inputting the trading account credentials again manually via MetaTrader.

Thanks, This work fine... Experience unleashed :)

Reason: