the true unprofitable face of the adviser

The only Expert Advisor that showed profit in the Strategy Tester, with quotes downloaded from the Center's Hitory, immediately plunged the deposit into the floor.

Also note that even a one-minute quote history does not fully reflect the true picture. Because you can't see ticks looking at a minute history, as well as you can't see hours on a daily timeframe. It is not for nothing that the modelling quality reaches 90% at maximum. But even that is enough for writing a robust Expert Advisor, because there is no sense in digging into ticks. The articles contain a lot of useful information on this subject written by intelligent and experienced people.

Then is it really possible to create a profitable advisor at all?

Don't look so frightened. It's possible. Very difficult, but possible. I still recommend you to study the articles if you are serious about it. I guarantee you will get rid of a lot of questions and illusions :)

Here's a link that will get you started :)) - https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/mt4/tester

delyus:
Then is it really possible to create a profitable Expert Advisor?

I wrote to you as recently as today about the 'usefulness' of testing. Unfortunately, you missed my point. And it was that the results of testing do not tell you anything. More precisely, they do not tell us anything about the quality of the strategy.

When testing an Expert Advisor using standard means, you only check its usability in one of the many ways, at one of the many sets of parameters, at a given data preparation method, etc. The result is a very special case from which you draw far-reaching conclusions.

The truth is that we have a lot of useless Expert Advisors, and only a few useful ones. But it is also true that you can never distinguish a bad EA from a good one using the tester. You will never be able to determine the profitability of an EA. This is what the experiment shows.

delyus:
Then is it really possible to create a profitable Expert Advisor at all?

At least it is possible to create a lossless Expert Advisor, all you have to do is forbid it to trade.

Vinin:
delyus:
I immediately sobered up and gave up my illusions, as if I'd been thrown a ladle of cold water. then is it even possible to create a profitable advisor?

At least, it is possible to create a lossless one, all we need is to forbid him to trade.

Burn!

i have tested over 2000 advisors, and only one of them showed a profit on all ticks, and it didn't make it out of the hystory centre, no matter how fine-tuned it is, or how crude! then the question arises: has anyone ever seen a profitable advisor that made it through all the ticks of the hystory centre in 7 years?

delyus:
I've tested over 2000 EAs, and only one of them showed profit on all ticks, and it didn't make it through the History Center, no matter how fine-tuned it is, or how crude. Gee, that begs the question: Has anyone ever seen a profitable EA that made it through all the ticks in 7 years?

I have, and I have done it. And it can be done very easily, because quotes from HC have one peculiarity - "fluffiness". This feature allows you to rivet unlimited quantities of grails. But before you do it, think about what you need it for.

Moreover, read this forum carefully. It has been repeatedly stated here why it is physically impossible to have an Expert Advisor, which will steadily chop cabbage on the history period of 7 years.

bstone

what about opening prices on forma. bars where it doesn't depend on intra-typical splits? is there even one?

from the potik, that is.
Reason: