Who had a major Windows 10 update today?

Today around 9am Moscow time, the computer requested a reboot to apply the updates. Took about an hour to reboot! Said, applying updates, don't turn it off. Gave up, went for a walk. Came back an hour later, booted up, again something is configured with these updates.

And now the interesting thing. I have a lot of МТ4 and МТ5. All of them have lost their passwords and settings! Moreover, I run them as portable. Now Skype is in notifications and its process is not visible in task manager. Has it been integrated into the system or what?

It is now 21 mc, my computer is asking me to reboot again. What the hell is going on? Has anyone had this happen today or recently?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Today around 9am Moscow time, the computer requested a reboot to apply the updates. Took about an hour to reboot! Said, applying updates, don't turn it off. Gave up, went for a walk. Came back an hour later, booted up, again something is configured with these updates.

And now the interesting thing. I have a lot of МТ4 and МТ5. All of them have lost their passwords and settings! Moreover, I run them as portable. Now Skype is in notifications and its process is not visible in task manager. Has it been integrated into the system or what?

It is now 21 mc, my computer is asking me to reboot again. What the hell is going on? Has anyone had this happen today or recently?

You've been updated to 1607.

Karputov Vladimir:
You have been visited by an update to 1607.

Yeah, I've now rebooted, updated Flash, changed the entry screen saver for some reason. Skype is annoying, now it sits in the background, haven't worked out how to get it out of the way, otherwise work is interfered with by all sorts of bored bums.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 is a morning update, looked it up in the logbook.

It's not clear how it wiped passwords from terminals? And why would it do such a nasty thing.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Same pattern - last night it asked to "Install updates and shut down" and this morning it was on for over an hour. And with the terminals - all the settings are in place, but all the passwords are asking to be re-entered.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't understand how she wiped the passwords on the terminals? And why do such a nasty thing.

Upgrading from 1511 to 1607 is essentially a new operating system installation. And if it is, then passwords are gone - security, you know :)

Karputov Vladimir:
Upgrading from 1511 to 1607 is essentially a new operating system installation. And since it is, that means no passwords - security, you know :)

I'm clear about the passwords.

Why did they kill Start again? In its place they made some sort of Start, which I can't use, it's extremely inconvenient. It looks like the designers of Windows are smoking something wrong.

Here's about the innovations https://habrahabr.ru/post/306964/

Windows 10 Anniversary Update стала доступна
Windows 10 Anniversary Update стала доступна
  • habrahabr.ru
Только зарегистрированные пользователи могут оставлять комментарии. Войдите, пожалуйста. Пометьте топик понятными вам метками, если хотите или закрыть

Everything's gone too, passwords, accounts. What can I say, they are always on top of their game - in their repertoire

Server Muradasilov:
Everything's gone too, passwords, accounts. What can I say, they're always on top of their game.
I still have the accounts, but I had to find the passwords and re-enter them. And I can't forgive them for starting.

But there is C# 7, here is a summary of the new featureshttps://habrahabr.ru/post/280978/

Pretty interesting, those who program in it will appreciate it.

But I don't need Bash support from Linux.

Новшества C# 7
Новшества C# 7
  • habrahabr.ru
Только зарегистрированные пользователи могут оставлять комментарии. Войдите, пожалуйста. Пометьте топик понятными вам метками, если хотите или закрыть

Disabled W10 automatic update, updating when there are enough update reviews online.

Alexei, maybe we should call? I am waiting to this day...

Roman

Reason: