The Ratio Family

Long History.

Near one year ago a friend told me about one new MTF indicator developed for a well known trading system in another forum.

That indicator was the stochastic. After read the code I thought: why only stochastic? why not almost well known indicators?.

So, I've started to create new versions using the same code, MACD, RSI, so on. When I completed near 20 codes I've asked to igorad what do they think.

We had a short talkand igorad told me:

These "new" MTF indicators you can receive by multiplication of

periods(KPeriod,DPeriod & Slowing) by ratio = TimeFrame/Period().

As a result we have smoothed curves instead of stepped.

But I think it's wrong view for MTF indicators. Sometimes I use

this procedure for indicators in TradeStation, because we can't

so easy build MTF indicators in TS.

So, unless to name it all with "MTF" as we have on the public section I decided to name it "Ratio"

For some questions that indicators indicators never saw the light. Igorad was the only who had a version till I 've started to talk with mladen a couple of months ago and I sent to him the whole pack.

mladen started to work on it debuggig the code, we did a great feedback about and what you have here is the final version of this 25 indicators.

The original code was written in 2007 by Christof Risch (iya) on a friend forum and hardly credit him for the idea.

What you will see when you drop the indcators it's very amazing. However your eyes will play with you to show something that is not as you see in real time. The indicator is smooth compared with MTF versions we have on forum but as any other MTF the "draw" is always delayed unless you se the current timeframe.

See the attached pictures with zoom and you will see how the price indicator becomes flat for the last three bars.

You couldn't expect the holy grail as many people think when discover the MTF.

They're just indicators to help you with trading, the holy grail is your mind.

We decided togheter with mladen to publish this indicators.

Why "we"? because I like the final code and I asked him to partnership on this thread and alse because he made a couple more of the initial ones. He will post after my first post and together will keep this thread alive.

The indicators are realeased under the GNU V3.

HOWEVER WE NEED TO BE CLEAR ABOUT A COUPLE OF THINGS:

We deserve the right to allow or not the authorization to posts this indicators in other places but the use is free and exclusive for this section.

You can't (and we don't want) make any money with without expect any retaliation from our side. This includes my personal talk with forum owners, eBay representatives or any place where this indicators could be posted asking for ban the poster. This includes: Donation or whatever we don't like.

Any suggestion or ideas are welcome.

Be happy.

Files:
ratio1.gif  25 kb
ratio2.gif  25 kb
ratio3.gif  23 kb
ratio4.gif  26 kb
ratio5.gif  24 kb

First 5

First Five relatives

Second 5

Second Five relatives

Third 5

Third five relatives

Fourth 5

Fourth five relatives

Fifth 5

Fifth Five relatives

I've moved the thread to this section after one day of marketing into elite EAs section

Mtf

I've used MTF that have been around on various forums. They will work for awhile then go black never to be seen again. I've always felt it's better to watch several time frames rather than just one. But none that really worked. I used some of yours and they seem to be very good indicators.Thanks for the generous contributions. I was curious what was that price indicator in the right corner of your screen shot? I run that information but not in one location. Thanks again for the @Ratio looking forward to more.

comrade5455:
...I was curious what was that price indicator in the right corner of your screen shot?...

It is from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178698

Daily Data

Thanks, mladen and Thanks newdigital.

By it's nature (smooth lines) it seems that this one naturally belongs here

We are going to post other indicators adapted to @Ratio (linear interpolation) way as we go along

Files:
Reason: