So I finally made an EA (Advice Please)

Ok so after alot of work (mostly learning how to code) I made an EA with the basic trading Idea that I want to follow.

I have been unable to figure out how to test it as a microlot (0.01) lots instead of a mini lot (0.1) lots, I gave myself a $1000000 to start with just to see how my EA would work and I made all the trades it does be the same fixed size because I figured that was the best way to see if there were any flaws with it. But I would like to be able to test it with smaller numbers, (I will never get a million dollars myself to trade in Forex with, I want to be able to do it and pretend to be my actual investment amount). I personally cant even tell from looking at the graph if my EA that I wrote is even decent or not, I think it looks good (at least its profitable) But I was told that having a consistent positive slope is a bad thing if the consistant slope line is a max for your balance.

Basically Im wondering if my readout from my FIRST WORKING EA looks decent and I was wondering how to run the stratagy tester to test the EA on microlots.

Any Feedback would be great! Im still new to this whole thing :)

Graph of the stratagy tester

Stratagy Tester Report

At least two big problems

- your absolute drawdown is almost half your initial deposit! That's too risky

- did you model this with "Every Tick" ? Because the model quality is so low, thus the result is inaccurate

Also, I would investigate why and what your losing trades are. Do they hit S/L or are they being closed too early/late.

I don't know myself how to test it on microlots. You would probably need a broker which allows this (i.e. MODE_MINLOT is 0.01).

-> oracle1 & Bondy3 "Because the model quality is so low, thus the result is inaccurate"

- This is NOT an accurate statement! If the EA does not rely on tick data but just on candle data, then this won't make a bit of difference. Try it if you don't believe me. If the EA needs accurate tick data - then modeling (of any quality) is no use.

- To see whether your broker supports microlots, check MODE_LOTSTEP, then simply decide whether to use 1 or 2 decimal places when normalizing your lot sizes.

-> Bondy3

- Your drawdown at 63% is scary. You may make profits for a while but your account will blow up sooner or later (probably sooner). You need to adopt a risk strategy when calculating your position sizes.

CB

cloudbreaker wrote

-> Bondy3

- Your drawdown at 63% is scary. You may make profits for a while but your account will blow up sooner or later (probably sooner). You need to adopt a risk strategy when calculating your position sizes.

Well The Drawdown is not 63% of the initial deposit, the drawdown is 63% of the current Balance at the time (and 63% of the current Account Balance when that happened is 3.3 times my initial deposit, so yes that is scary).

The thing that scares me the most is the 3117 consecutive loss's

can you share your ea so we are able to inprove this..

I know what a drawdown is. And a 63% drawdown is scary. End of.

CB

Reason: