Statistical aproach for trading

Hello everybody,

I was working on indicators that are based on statistical concepts.

I cerated two indicators.

First one is very simple ZigZag which bases on price movement. It only have one parameter MinMove whitch stands for minimal movment that will be considered as a swig. Defalult value is 2 what means that moves less then 2% will be ignored.

The second indicator is something I am proud of. It comperes current move of price to previous moves and calculates percentile in whith current move fits.

You can use this indicator both in counter trend and in trend following strategies.

However my question is can I combine this indicator as one.

One of them works on the chart window and other on separate window and I have to set parameters at both of them. It would be nice if I could set parameters in one place.

So pleas give me your opinion about my indicators do you find them usefull.

Maybe you have some ideas how to improve them?

mmSwing

Green line is time percentile, Red is range percentile, Blue zigzag

Files:
mmswingzz.mq4  4 kb

And the second indicator
Files:

scalony:
And the second indicator

wow...i had this exact idea...only didnt know how to code it..i'm still learning.

iìll download and check it for further thought.

scalony:
And the second indicator

Hello scalony, i highly appreciate your sharing of this marvelous indicators, but i have some questions for u if u don't mind:

1. Does your indicators repaint?

2. If no, in it's use for calculating reversal points in market, are the indicators predictive, i'e appear @ the exact market event, not when the event have passed?

Why i ask these questions is cos i've been running ur indicators on a backward test market simulator and i would always have to manually refresh the indicator

before i can get the exact market peak/trough.

Hello everyone. I know it's been a while since we spoke about this indicator but just wanted to know what the correct way to interpret this indicator is. I'm looking into it now and have seen some nice potential setups so just wondering.

Scalony - don't know if you're still around - tried emailing you but your email is not working so I sent you a PM.

Thanks.

propipper:

Hello everyone. I know it's been a while since we spoke about this indicator but just wanted to know what the correct way to interpret this indicator is. I'm looking into it now and have seen some nice potential setups so just wondering.

Scalony - don't know if you're still around - tried emailing you but your email is not working so I sent you a PM.

Thanks.

Well I have not been around for quite some time, but your PM have drawn my attention.

This indicator shows you how advanced the current trend is. So for example if this indicator reaches 75 either on time or price line it means simply that in the past 75% of all trends were already reversed at this level or lower. and only 25% of previous trends were longer or higher then current one.

It is something like tachometer in your car. When you goes near 100 then it tells you that you are riding on red area of your tachometer and maybe you should switch your gear (prepare for reversal).

Thanks for the reply Scalony. Glad you're still around.

I'm looking into your indicator/code now and I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Reason: