What is the order of orders?

When I select orders with OrderSelect(), the manual says,

"Sorting of the resulting list of orders cannot be guaranteed."

OK. But can I at least rely on their opening times or ticket numbers? Is it guaranteed that newer ones will always have larger OrderOpenTime() and OrderTicket() values?

Yes. You do that every time. Been doing it for two years. But you never post the examples of your own rudeness. I've seen quite a few.

Hi

What do you mean by “newer ones will always have larger OrderOpenTime() and OrderTicket()”? OrderOpenTme always equals to the time when trade was opened/triggered – so new trades always have “larger” time (since now is later than before ;)

As for the OrderTicket – that depends on the broker (what are their rules for numbering orders) – but I suppose the most common rule is that new trades has bigger numbers as ticets (to avoid repeating).

Best Regards

Marzena Maria Szmit #:

Hi

What do you mean by “newer ones will always have larger OrderOpenTime() and OrderTicket()”? OrderOpenTme always equals to the time when trade was opened/triggered – so new trades always have “larger” time (since now is later than before ;)

As for the OrderTicket – that depends on the broker (what are their rules for numbering orders) – but I suppose the most common rule is that new trades has bigger numbers as ticets (to avoid repeating).

Best Regards

Hi.

What you said of course makes all sense in the world, but MetaTrader and Forex broker practices are not very predictable. I've seen many assumptions that seemed just natural in theory not apply in the real world. There many "gotchas."
Reason: