MetaTrader 5 Python User Group - how to use Python in Metatrader - page 40

5.0.19 has arrived. We'll see.

I take it that calling python scripts from an mql program for products from the marketplace is also forbidden?

Vladimir Perervenko:

Will it be later? Or?

Will be in next week's release.

Dmitri Custurov:
I guess calling python scripts from mql program for products from the market is also forbidden?

Yes.

There will be no linking or integration of Python <-> MQL5, and no reduction in security of appstore programs.

Gentlemen, something seems to be broken in the terminal release. After auto-update to build 2321 from 14.02.2020,MT5WaitForTerminal stopped working.

When called:

MT5Initialize()
        MT5WaitForTerminal()

It gives an error:

Exception has occurred: RuntimeError
IPC recv failed

Дмитрий Прокопьев:

Gentlemen, something seems to be broken in the terminal release. After auto-update to build 2321 from 14.02.2020,MT5WaitForTerminal stopped working.

When called:

An error is thrown:

What version of the library are you using?

Vladimir Perervenko:

Which version of the library are you using?

Package Version

----------------- -------

MetaTrader5 5.0.11

Дмитрий Прокопьев:

Package Version

----------------- -------

MetaTrader 5.0.11

I updated to 5.0.19 and got even more unclear result:

MT5Initialize()

NameError: name 'MT5Initialize' is not defined

Import as usual from MetaTrader5 import *

From what I see since 5.0.14, something has changed and there is a problem with method visibility, starting with this release and up to .19 the error persists.

If everything is rolled back to .11 and the terminal to the previous release, everything is fine.

Дмитрий Прокопьев:

Upgraded to 5.0.19, got even more puzzling result:

MT5Initialize()

NameError: name 'MT5Initialize' is not defined

Import as usual from MetaTrader5 import*

From what I see since 5.0.14 something has changed and there is a problem with method visibility, starting with this release and up to .19 the error persists.

If everything is rolled back to .11 and the terminal to the previous release, everything is fine.

;) if there are terminals from different releases installed in the system (currently2321 from 14.02.2020 and 2280 from 13.12.2019) then everything works fine, on .11

Дмитрий Прокопьев:

When called:

Makes an error:

API and library completely rewritten, old methods no longer work.

Here is the new description and example: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/306688/page37#comment_14972868

MetaTrader 5 Python User Group - как использовать Python в Метатрейдере
MetaTrader 5 Python User Group - как использовать Python в Метатрейдере
  • www.mql5.com
Мы готовим модуль MetaTrader 5 для Python...
Reason: