System Requirements for a VPS

Hello,

I am looking at a service for a VPS and they list 4 memory models from 128MB to 1024MB, so what is the minimum memory requirement for running MetaTrader 4 in a VPS.

Bill

oneoleguy :

Hello,

I am looking at a service for a VPS and they list 4 memory models from 128MB to 1024MB, so what is the minimum memory requirement for running MetaTrader 4 in a VPS.

Bill

I have run 2 Live and 5 demo MetaTrader platforms simultaneously (each with 1 EA on 4-5 charts per platform) on 512MB VPS which is advertised as suitable for up to 4 platforms or 8 on a 1024MB VPS. You can check CPU performance/RAM availability by opening Windows Task Manager/Performance/Physical Memory on the VPS platform while running MetaTrader. Also depends how much drive storage space you need with your plan. So a 128 MB service could run at least 2 platforms but possibily up to 4 dependent on your configuration. Also check out http://startupmanager.org/ open source startup program you can use to restart MetaTrader automatically if the VPS server is rebooted by the provider for any reason, recommended for safer trading.

Hi Guys,

My web host needs to know specific system requirements for MT4 to use a VPS.

How much memory, operating system, etc.. Is this info available?

Thanks,

Hi,

i am using 2 MetaTraders on a VPS wich contains Windows 2008 (64bit) and 512 MB RAM, 5 GB HD capacity an 1 GB data transfer per month.

you must have a minimum of 128MB per metatrader you want to start. otherway it will be tilted or will be very slow.

Hope i can help you with this

Reason: