One EA signals and a second is turned on and off

When EA 1 alerts me on a condition, is there a way to automate a second ea from turning on and off based on that alert?

Basically, I have an ea that signals bullish or bearish. I want my second ea which is built on martingale to turn on and off when the signal on the first changes. I could have a third ea that does the same when bearish is signaled. 

I understand there is risk, but I’d like to start here. All the EAs would be bought and couldn’t be edited, but they do send alerts. 

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Chad M Mirus: When EA 1 alerts me on a condition, is there a way to automate a second ea from turning on and off based on that alert? Basically, I have an ea that signals bullish or bearish. I want my second ea which is built on martingale to turn on and off when the signal on the first changes. I could have a third ea that does the same when bearish is signaled. I understand there is risk, but I’d like to start here. All the EAs would be bought and couldn’t be edited, but they do send alerts. 

If you have the source code then you can just modify the existing EA and add the extra logic.

If you don't have the source code then it depends. It would have to be analysed to see how it could be achieved.

Fernando Carreiro #:

If you have the source code then you can just modify the existing EA and add the extra logic.

If you don't have the source code then it depends. It would have to be analysed to see how it could be achieved.

I do not have access to either source code.

Chad M Mirus #:I do not have access to either source code.

I assumed you had the source code for the second EA, but if you don't have source for neither, then it can't be done.

You will have to create a new EA to combine the functionality of both.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I assumed you had the source code for the second EA, but if you don't have source for neither, then it can't be done.

You will have to create a new EA to combine the functionality of both.

Is it possible to simply turn an EA on and off based on an external alert?

For example, if EA1 send out an alert, whatever it is, can I make EA2 turn on or off because of a simple an alert?

Chad M Mirus #: Is it possible to simply turn an EA on and off based on an external alert? For example, if EA1 send out an alert, whatever it is, can I make EA2 turn on or off because of a simple an alert?

Short answer — No!

Long answer — do things properly and you will not need to resort to such convoluted requirements.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Short answer — No!

Long answer — do things properly and you will not need to resort to such convoluted requirements.

I'm just trying to learn, no worries. I can manually turn things on and off based on alerts, but thought it would be easy to automate something.

Reason: