Let's build a mini grail!?

The actual sentence is in the title.

What it's about and who I am.

I've been away from forex for about 10 years now. But first of all, you can't see much from a distance... and I've had time to think... And the incessant crises with inflation... So I decided to do some experiments with forex. And in absolutely different areas, including those that are unrealistic for the average person)) And I also want to save time. Therefore, this topic.

And here is one of the simple options, which may give a relatively small but fairly stable and safe income, I offer here.

About me - well, so that there is no idea that I am a novice with the idea of grail. Remember methaquotes used to hold championships. I took part in one of them. I was offered a career development, in parallel with the preparation of the Expert Advisor for the championship ... and I was distracted at work, Expert Advisor was preparing in a hurry and out of 3 modules, only one successfully joined the championship EA, while 2 others were not tested together and they had a conflict ... Thus the Expert Advisor occupied the 20th place with quite a good result - the deposit has increased several times. If I had managed to improve my program, it would have taken the first or the second place. I gave up forex, as a result 50% safe profit per year with minimal drawdowns. For my money it's too little and development is hampered by the slowness of the comps.

The point is that I have real trading experience, both manual (tripling my deposit with profit withdrawals) and automatic. But my algorithms are resource-intensive, and over the years the computers have not added much performance.

Anyway now and here are just a few simple thoughts. If anyone helps me save time searching, I'll share the result.

What a time saver. Newbies dig through the stock of free EAs, and non-newbies have experience writing their own and remembering others'... In general, those who are here have a certain amount of data in their head about the experts they've reviewed.

There is a type of Expert Advisor that is useless in its pure form, but can be used in some useful way.

You need an Expert Advisor (only the algorithm/principle of signal formation, the rest is self-made), which:

1- Places stops (algorithms without stops are of no use), about 50-150 pips on 4 signs. And a profit no less than a stop... This is so, filter from flips etc.

2- It produces the shortest possible sequence of losing trades. For example, about 6 consecutive losing trades, that's a common option. That's a lot. It is desirable that the algorithm does not produce a sequence of losing trades greater than 1-2. 4 in a row is already too bad.

3- It is desirable that all this was outside the adjustable period...

4- It is desirable (but not necessary) that it was a grid or some other graphical analysis, so there was no binding to the indicator signals ...

5- The graph in the tester of such a strategy may even go down or hang around zero, but in the tester, in the column of a continuous series of losses, there should be a minimum number. If the graph goes down, but in the column: "maximum number"|| "a continuous series of losses (loss)" before the bracket is the number 1 or 2, at the worst 3....(see picture) Be sure to write me!

If you already have experience, of course you know what I mean. And many will say that I'm fooling around with this, as it's all the same.

I know that, I have a different idea.

If someone throws me such an advisor or proven algorithm (not the idea), then I'll make a mini grail on this basis. Which would give an order of... I don't know, on average, maybe 20% of fairly safe profit per month. And maybe a hundred percent a month will come out...

And I'll share this ready-made system with whoever gives me the data.

If you know something like that... Usually, beginners think of a grail and puff up their cheeks, afraid to order the development of the grail programmers, so that the treasure does not go to the side ... But when a person studies mql, writes and tests his or her own grail, he or she often puts it out into the codebase for everyone to see... Or just drops it.

So here, I know what to do with such a system, but if you know something like this but do not use it, it means you don't lose anything by sharing. But you'll gain!

Files:
v6i_pbxvk1.jpg  134 kb

mihai.l Михаил:

The actual proposal is in the title.

There are some types of experts who are useless in their pure form, but can be used in a certain way that makes them useful.

I don't like the very approach to solving the problem posed: "Let's build a mini grail...".

And there are several questions here:

1. What is a "mini grail"?

You can't be "a little pregnant"... A grail is either there or it isn't... and splitting it into pieces ( mini, or maxi, or micro) - you can't....

2. You probably know the popular wisdom: "You can't make a sweetie out of shit!"

My point is... Why do you have to take "useless experts" and try to RESTORE the waste...?

Somehow this doesn't feel right...

You may be right.

But personally, after such a break, I would first remember why I gave up, the real reasons, not excuses.

Having analysed all this, you could probably go on.

Renat Akhtyamov:

You may be right.

But personally, after such a break, I would first remember why I gave up, the real reasons, not excuses.

Having analysed all this, you could probably go on.

Continue to drop out)

Михаил:

5- The graph in the tester of such strategy may even go down, or hang around zero, but in the tester, in the column of a continuous series of losses, there must be a minimum number. If the graph goes down, but in the column: "maximum number"|| "a continuous series of losses (loss)" before the bracket is the number 1 or 2, at the worst 3....(see picture) Be sure to write me!

Further it is clear what you want to do - multiply the lot after a loss and woah, grail!

Renat Akhtyamov:

You may be right.

Having analysed all this, you could go on, I suppose.

He wrote that he did 50% a year, but it was not enough.

It feels like many topics are "resting" now

Here's a simple algorithm for you. Immediately after the opening of the day. If the previous day's opening is bigger than the previous day's close (bearish candle) we open a buy position on the market. If the previous daily candlestick is bullish, you open a sell position. The previous day's candlestick may be bullish for a buy, and bearish for a sell. It may be closed by take or stop loss. Possible variants are opening positions for many instruments, and closing all of them at once, when the total profit exceeds a specified value or percentage of the deposit. Another possible variant is to remove closing by stop and enable averaging, then closing by the averaged take or by stop out.

Evgeniy Zhdan:

He wrote that he did 50% a year, but that's not enough.

Only you've probably mixed up different data now. I have shunned martin always))

Serqey Nikitin:

I don't like the approach to solving the problem: "Let's build a mini grail...".

And there are several questions here:

1. What is a "mini grail"?

You can't be "a little pregnant"... A grail is either there or it isn't... and splitting it into pieces ( mini, or maxi, or micro) - you can't....

2. You probably know the popular wisdom: "You can't make a sweetie out of shit!"

My point is... Why do you have to take knowingly "useless experts" and try to RESTORE the waste...?

Somehow it's all wrong...

1- It's not something that will earn a lot and immediately, it's something that will earn steadily but relatively not much.

2- You know... Aluminium - you don't have aluminium spoons and it used to be very expensive and poncey... Everything is relative. And the criterion is efficiency. The rest is nonsense.

Vitalii Ananev:
Here's a simple algorithm for you. Immediately after the opening of the day. If the opening of the previous day is higher than the previous day's close (bearish candlestick), we open a buy position in the market. If the previous daily candlestick is bullish, it opens a sell position. The previous day's candlestick may be bullish (buy) or bearish (sell). It may be closed by stop or take. Possible variants are opening positions for many instruments, and closing all of them at once, when the total profit exceeds a specified value or percentage of the deposit. Another possible variant is to remove closing by stop and enable averaging, then closing by the averaged take or by stop out.

Obviously)) Is there any data on the number of losses in a row?

Reason: