Best CPU for Metatrader 5

Hi,  

so MT5 laggs when it squeezes / high volume

What is the best cpu to prevent lagg

1. High frequezy cpu with less cores

or

'2. Multicore cpu with less frequezy

i know MT5 uses multicores but does multicore actually prevent lagg better than a higher mhz cpu?

edit: i think i read somewhere that cores only work per index is that correct? cause i have many charts on one index, is one index limited to 1 core?

Help please

bump anyone know what cpu to get for Metatrader 5 ?

user1421:
bump anyone know what cpu to get for Metatrader 5 ?

the lag is more likely from your brokers servers or internet connection and not your PC, unless you are memory bound.... check your performance stats at the time of lag...

best rule of thumb for these things is to buy the best you can afford, and make sure you have plenty of RAM 16 GB better than 8GB better than 4GB

I am using  Intel i7-6700 @ 2.6ghz 4 cores with 16gb of ram and have no issues with lag

Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / GetTickCount64
Documentation on MQL5: Common Functions / GetTickCount64
  • www.mql5.com
GetTickCount64 - Common Functions - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Paul Anscombe:

the lag is more likely from your brokers servers not your PC unless you are memory bound.... check your performance stats at the time of lag...

best rule of thumb for these things is to buy the best you can afford, and make sure you have plenty of RAM 8GB better than 4GB

I am using  Intel i7-6700 @ 2.6ghz 4 cores with 16gb of ram and have no issues with lag

Hi you think its a broker issue? it only happens at high volume. I thought if the broker is lagging then it basically gaps last time it lagged it didnt gap.

With 4 indicators on 10-15 charts its probably the cpu specially if one index gets locked to one core only, cause most of the charts is from same index.

I wish i knew how to code GetTickCount64

user1421:

Hi you think its a broker issue? it only happens at high volume. I thought if the broker is lagging then it basically gaps last time it lagged it didnt gap.

With 4 indicators on 10-15 charts its probably the cpu specially if one index gets locked to one core only, cause most of the charts is from same index.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnStart()
{

ulong time_taken = GetTickCount64();

Sleep(2000);

time_taken = GetTickCount64() - time_taken;

Print("Taken: " + time_taken);

}

Paul Anscombe:

Thank you

Does this confirm if it is a cpu issue?

Paul Anscombe:
What is this supposed to show ?

user1421:

What indicators ?

From what you describe it seems more like poorly coded indicator(s), possible ?

Alain Verleyen:
What is this supposed to show ?
😁. He wanted to know how to code GetTickCount64.  So it shows that 

user1421:

Thank you

Does this confirm if it is a cpu issue?

No it just shows you how to use GetTickCount64. As you asked 
Have you started checking your stats when running yet? Until you start looking at things there is little to be done
And as Alain said have you checked your indicators   

Paul Anscombe:
No it just shows you how to use GetTickCount64. As you asked 
Have you started checking your stats when running yet? Until you start looking at things there is little to be done
And as Alain said have you checked your indicators   

You used the word "check" in one of your posts.
Metaquotes annoying feature of applying links to certain words will link GetTickCount64 to the word "check" for some strange reason!

User1421 probably thought that it was relevant as it appeared that you had linked to it.

Reason: