MT4 Out of memory debugging

Hi, i use Metatrader 4, build 765.

during the tester run it takes up to 4gb of memory and stops with error:

2015.02.06 22:31:33.339 2010.04.16 15:03 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA

2015.02.06 22:31:33.339 2010.04.16 15:03 Unhandled exception 0x0EEDFADE

i checked array sizes, they are fine. Would you know how can I debug it?

I tried to use windows 7 memory dump, but could not figure out how to use it.

Thank you for advises.

winters:
Hi, i use Metatrader 4, build 765.

during the tester run it takes up to 4gb of memory and stops with error:

2015.02.06 22:31:33.339 2010.04.16 15:03 Testing pass stopped due to a critical error in the EA

2015.02.06 22:31:33.339 2010.04.16 15:03 Unhandled exception 0x0EEDFADE

i checked array sizes, they are fine. Would you know how can I debug it?

I tried to use windows 7 memory dump, but could not figure out how to use it.

Thank you for advises.

If you are not using dll's from your Ea (and from the description it seems that you are not), then you are experiencing one of the many new mt back testing bugs. Try testing shorter period (I know that it is not a solution, but it might help avoiding that error)

mladen:
If you are not using dll's from your Ea (and from the description it seems that you are not), then you are experiencing one of the many new mt back testing bugs. Try testing shorter period (I know that it is not a solution, but it might help avoiding that error)

After I upgraded to this build, my EA stopped to compile. Error was when i tried to return an array of integers. 'invalid reference to an array'. In addition to all it stopped to accept sqlite_wrpper.dll, and gave me an error: 'Access violation read to 0x00000003'. I updated DLL from this site:

https://github.com/Shmuma/sqlite3-mt4-wrapper

And finally, after I made it compile, on tester after only 3 months it gives me an error above and allocates 4gb of ram.

Of curse, very possible the DLL I use can also cause such memory issue, would you know how to validate it?

I am tired to keep fixing expert after every major release ....

winters:
After I upgraded to this build, my EA stopped to compile. Error was when i tried to return an array of integers. 'invalid reference to an array'. In addition to all it stopped to accept sqlite_wrpper.dll, and gave me an error: 'Access violation read to 0x00000003'. I updated DLL from this site:

https://github.com/Shmuma/sqlite3-mt4-wrapper

And finally, after I made it compile, on tester after only 3 months it gives me an error above and allocates 4gb of ram.

Of curse, very possible the DLL I use can also cause such memory issue, would you know how to validate it?

I am tired to keep fixing expert after every major release ....

winters

If the problem was in the sqlite_wrpper.dll, the error would most likely happen as soon as it was called for the first time.

MT backtester is flawed and in many cases unreliable. MT was informed about it, but since those errors are not primary concerns of their clients (the brokers), so far close to none was done to correct all the problems noticed with MT backtester

Today I have strange crash MT4 platform with message (before crash) "Out of memory". This never happened before.

Mladen please help. What to do? Reinstall MT4 or there is hope for this issue.

Thank you in advance.

MQL4Newbie:
Today I have strange crash MT4 platform with message (before crash) "Out of memory". This never happened before.

Thank you in advance.

MQL4Newbie

Do a couple of things :

1. Keep just one opened chart

2. Monitor on windows task manager the memory state

3. Check what indicators.EAs are you using if the memory usage is rising all the time (eliminate one by one to see what happens with memory usage)

Thank you in advance.

Files:
mt4-crash.png  17 kb

It sometimes does that if a dll is used

mladen:
MQL4Newbie

Do a couple of things :

1. Keep just one opened chart

2. Monitor on windows task manager the memory state

3. Check what indicators.EAs are you using if the memory usage is rising all the time (eliminate one by one to see what happens with memory usage)

Thak you so much I will truy this today, bud all indi I use are the same from before, nothing new, no EA in use.

This is not mesage from CPU or RAM it came from MT4 and happened for the first time ever.

Worst scenario will be reinstal MT4

MQL4Newbie:
Thak you so much I will truy this today, bud all indi I use are the same from before, nothing new, no EA in use.

This is not mesage from CPU or RAM it came from MT4 and happened for the first time ever.

Worst scenario will be reinstal MT4

You will have to wait till Monday (to test it when real ticks are coming in). With the way back testing is buggy, you shall never know if the error comes from some of the items you are using on the chart or from the back tester

Usual mt stuff : no way to know in some cases what is going on

Reason: