"Charts" tab problem

I am new to the forum so apologies in advance if I've done this in the wrong place.

I have multi-screen and use three versions of MT4. One version works 100%. The other two will not allow me access to "Chart Indicator List" via the "Charts" tab. When I click on it to delete an indicator - or even edit one, the window does not appear. I get the "clunk" sound telling me I need to perform an action before continuing. This "clunk" sound also tells me the "Chart Indicator List" has been activated but I just can't see it anywhere. It is not hiding behind anything else on the other screens. Would appreciate some help or advice. Many thanks.

Can you provide a screen-shot?

ubzen:
Can you provide a screen-shot?

Hi Ubzen,

I' confused. A screen shot of what? I use standard MT4 platform. How would a screen shot show the problem?

Thanks for your interest.

I get the "clunk" sound telling me I need to perform an action before continuing. This "clunk" sound also tells me the "Chart Indicator List" has been activated but I just can't see it anywhere.

Is this a Pop-Up message or a Voice? If it's a pop-up message then that help me help you. If it's a voice then I have no-clue, and doubt you're using mt4.

autobob:
I have multi-screen and ..
I get the "clunk" sound telling me I need to perform an action before continuing.
  1. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7
  2. You may have a pop up open but off screen, restart the terminal
  3. try deleting <TERMINAL>\config\terminal.ini (You'll loose the placement of open charts and tool bars.)

ubzen:

I get the "clunk" sound telling me I need to perform an action before continuing. This "clunk" sound also tells me the "Chart Indicator List" has been activated but I just can't see it anywhere.

Is this a Pop-Up message or a Voice? If it's a pop-up message then that help me help you. If it's a voice then I have no-clue, and doubt you're using mt4.

In my question, I said " the window does not appear". To delete chart indicators, a window should appear - not a pop-up-message. Therefore, 1) if there is no window - there is nothing to show you, a screen shot would not help. 2. I never mentioned a "voice". Why would you doubt I am using MT4????

I am grateful to anyone prepared to offer advice but I find your reply slightly offensive.

autobob: I am grateful to anyone prepared to offer advice but I find your reply slightly offensive.

Over sensitive when there's clearly a break down in communication.

I get the "clunk" sound telling me I need....

clunk sounds usually don't talk. therefore you must have meant.

I get the "clunk" sound, and I assume/think/indicating ... that I need...

Try playing around with your monitor's setting like expanding the resolutions. You may also try Tile-ing the windows. Like right-click task-bar and Tile-Windows-Vertically (depending on OS).

Anyways since I'm responsible for the reactions my words cause and you're clearly offended..... My Bad :)

Fortunately, in English, there are many ways in which one can express one's self. Whereas your contribution is one way, (I get the "clunk" sound, and I assume/think/indicating ... that I need... ), it is by no means the only way.

"I get the "clunk" sound telling me I need...." is a metaphorical statement. The adjective "clunk" describes the sound.

"Price action is TELLING me to go short" is also a metaphorical statement. Price action is obviously not literally speaking to me!!

However, this still does not explain why you imagine I do not know which type of platform I am using. "If it's a voice then I have no-clue, and doubt you're using mt4."

"Anyways since I'm responsible for the reactions my words cause and you're clearly offended..... My Bad :) "

You were right, I was clearly offended. I would willing have accepted this as an apology had you not attempted to me give me an unnecessary English lesson.

Indeed it is " Your bad".

And this is your way of asking for help ?

RaptorUK:
And this is your way of asking for help ?

Thanks for your contribution. I asked for help - not to be insulted. A pretty reasonable thing to expect I would have thought.

Not sure why you are getting involved!!!!

The problem has been sorted now anyway.

autobob:

Not sure why you are getting involved!!!!

This is a Forum . . . getting involved is how it works.
Reason: