Strange - Time[0] hasn't the actual Time

Hi,

I have writen an Expert Advisor with the following code lines:

Print("Minute: ", TimeToStr(Time[0]), " LastMinuteTime: ", TimeToStr(lastMinuteTime));
                        if(lastMinuteTime != Time[0])
                        {
Print("**");
                           WriteMinute();
                           WriteMinute_Contract();
                           lastMinuteTime = Time[0];
                        }

I put this EA on the EURUSD M1 Chart and geht every tick the following lines:

2011.07.19 03:59:23 EA_Test EURUSD,M1: Minute: 2011.07.19 03:53 LastMinuteTime: 2011.07.19 03:53

WHY?

Why not? once lastMinuteTime is set to Time[0] the two will print equal for every tick in that minute.

Time[0] has to change it's value every minute! At 03:59:23 it couldn't be 03:53

Also the function Minute() returns only once a time the right value, it is when I active the ea. After that, the value is always the same!

I put the function in the start() not in the init().

sunshineh:

This part of what you copied from the Experts tab is your local PC time: 2011.07.19 03:59:23 EA_Test EURUSD,M1: and shows the date and time the entry was added to the Experts tab and log.

This part is what your print statement generated and is based on server time: Minute: 2011.07.19 03:53 LastMinuteTime: 2011.07.19 03:53

Your PC's clock is around 6 minutes fast . . .

@RaptorUK, this was only an example line, at PC-time 8:30:00 I got also the same statement.

I see, that functions Time[0] and Minute() are in a while-loop. Is that the problem?? That I get the timeinfo only when I enter the start-function again??

sunshineh:

@RaptorUK, this was only an example line, at PC-time 8:30:00 I got also the same statement.

I see, that functions Time[0] and Minute() are in a while-loop. Is that the problem?? That I get the timeinfo only when I enter the start-function again??

Can you show your code please ? it's hard to give any helpful advice without knowing what you have coded . ..

1. sunshineh:
    3:59 is your machine's local time, not related to the broker's.
  2. I see, that functions Time[0] and Minute() are in a while-loop. Is that the problem??
    It is if you are not calling RefreshRates. Nothing is going to change until you do or you exit start and wait for the next tick.
Reason: