"Old Tick" syndrome!!

Hi All,

I'm running an EA reasonably successfully at the moment on Forex. What is incredibly frustrating is the fact that sometimes it doesn't take obvious trades and i can not find any reason for it except looking back in the 'journal' log it flags up 'Old Tick' error - this is on EUR/JPY.

I know that if the data feed from the market is slow it will refelct on the broker side but does anybody know how to handle this when trading with EA's?

I don't think Refreshrates() works!

thanks

as far as i know oldtick is not a reason

<old Tick> in itself shouldn't be a problem but can be a pointer to break/s in communication with the broker server

Check your internet connection for speed (both ways) and packet loss statistics

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

<old Tick> in itself shouldn't be a problem but can be a pointer to break/s in communication with the broker server

Check your internet connection for speed (both ways) and packet loss statistics

-BB-

thanks for the replies. I've got this code in the start function to pick up stuff like this but haven't received notification yet:

if(!IsConnected())
{
SendMail("EA connection lost at ",TimeToStr(TimeLocal()));
return;
}

might be a bug i'm overlooking.

IsConnected wont necessarily help as if no incoming tick arrives, your code wont be tested

See the discussions on this to use a timer, probably in a script or separate EA

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

IsConnected wont necessarily help as if no incoming tick arrives, your code wont be tested

See the discussions on this to use a timer, probably in a script or separate EA

-BB-

thanks the mq4 IsConnected looks good.

IsConnected

is not return the connect is connect or not!

this always return true!!

this is not working

I try disconnect the network

this still return true!

and the status bar is display no connect

this is also return true!!!

this is they do it for

you can not detect the is connect or not at the EA!!!

klam2404:
IsConnected

Don't Double Post

sd59:

Hi All,

I'm running an EA reasonably successfully at the moment on Forex. What is incredibly frustrating is the fact that sometimes it doesn't take obvious trades and i can not find any reason for it except looking back in the 'journal' log it flags up 'Old Tick' error - this is on EUR/JPY.

I know that if the data feed from the market is slow it will refelct on the broker side but does anybody know how to handle this when trading with EA's?

I don't think Refreshrates() works!

thanks

Oldtick generally occur due to delay a data broker server is displayed on the chart on the screen histroy metatrader so prices are executed by the robot is not valid. It definitely hurt us because the robot can not execute orders. Way back to merestrat metatrader is one solution. Oldtick can happen every day even every hour. Is this a trick to thwart the order or the broker's broker server quality is not good ... I do not know we have to keep thinking positive. Just how we can anticipate this work to optimize our robot.

Not possible when you have to check every day on the journal or even every hour on the journal is there oltick or not and when you should close the application and run it again huh ..... tired ...

Consider the example of an account that has oldtick below:

http://robottradingcerdas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oldtickproblem1.jpg

Unfortunately not, two days without trade. Brokers who identified frequent oldtick is Exness, Roboforex, and kadng InstaForex and MasterForex. How do I fix this?

I have made an application (software robot) which oversees metatrader is running that would do the activity metatrader close the application and run it periodically to kill or not the address for oldtick. This application is simply installed in the VPS and enter the folder of each metatrder of each broker that you want to control.

Period close the application and run back metatrder can be set from 1 minute smpai every 1440 minutes (24 hours) once oldtick killer robot will perform an action within the VPS. So ... we do not have to worry about to happen oldtick. Mettarder amount that can be registered up to 5 metatrader folder name. Consider the example application KillerOldTick below:

http://robottradingcerdas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/KillerOldTick.jpg

Complete article and how to get this software you can visit this site : http://robottradingcerdas.com/?page_id=1121
Reason: