Is there hidden application backdoors in MT4 ??

I am NOT accusing MetaQuotes for for anything here, I'm only speaking up on some concerns that I have.

I would like MetaQuotes to submit their sourcecode for scrutiny by independent western security firms, and have the code
( including updates) certified free of application backdoors.
IF MetaQuotes has clean hands and want to appear as a serious company this should also be in their interest.

Knowing the Russian origin of MetaQuotes I would be surprised if they haven't already (or will in some future update)
put backdoor functionality into their code... purpose would be to steal profitable indicators or EAs that might come to their
attention... profitable code could even be reported back to MetaQuotes by MT4, saying "come take me!"

If MetaQuotes IS a trustworthy and serious business they will let this post stand,
but I suspect this post will be removed as soon as they see it.

DayTrader:

I am NOT accusing MetaQuotes for for anything here, I'm only speaking up on some concerns that I have.

I would like MetaQuotes to submit their sourcecode for scrutiny by independent western security firms, and have the code
( including updates) certified free of application backdoors.
IF MetaQuotes has clean hands and want to appear as a serious company this should also be in their interest.

Knowing the Russian origin of MetaQuotes I would be surprised if they haven't already (or will in some future update)
put backdoor functionality into their code... purpose would be to steal profitable indicators or EAs that might come to their
attention... profitable code could even be reported back to MetaQuotes by MT4, saying "come take me!"

If MetaQuotes IS a trustworthy and serious business they will let this post stand,
but I suspect this post will be removed as soon as they see it.

Have you tried a self-help group?

Don't be so naive, wake up and see the world as it really is, and not just how you would like it to be.

<http://www.veracode.com/content/view/708/38>

This is like: If Microsoft has clean hands, they need to put their source code to the world :) Hahahahhahaha, you are soooo funny :) Yeah right!!!!

I heard that Microsoft put a backdoor action on save button, so everything you save goes to them :) :) :) :) :)))))))) I demand that Microsoft put source code here!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

(P.S. don't take me wrong, but they will never put their source code to the public, they have no interest at all)

stradz: You're acting like an ignorant jerk, sertainly having no perception of security issues. Read the post!

I never said that MQ should go public with their source!

DayTrader:

stradz: You're acting like an ignorant jerk, sertainly having no perception of security issues. Read the post!

I never said that MQ should go public with their source!

In addition to the self-help group, perhaps some anger-management classes too?

Along with a little spelling refresher if there's time?

You're going to be busy.

cloudbreaker: You seems somewhat preoccupied with "self-help group" and "anger-management classes".

Maybe you have personal experience with these things ??

Come on guys! No more flames, Lets stay on topic from now on.

DayTrader:

I would like MetaQuotes to submit their sourcecode for scrutiny by independent western security firms...

OK, maybe I'm getting this wrong, but wasn't your sentance (this one above) same as: give us source code for MT?

No it wasn't, atleast I don't consider myself as a "independent western security firm"... I don't think you would qualify either.

There are companies that that can be thrusted with sourcecode.

I would assume this company is one of them: <http://www.veracode.com/content/view/708/38>

Just visit and read a paragraph or two.

hi guys,

i understand and to some extend share DayTrader's concerns. The argument is not the best - please, don't assume that if it's Russian then it's doggy - you may insult some good people there.

However, if I were a developer of an automated trading platform like MT I would certainly be tempted to get to know what the results are of the best performing robots out there, and maybe even tempted to get the code of such a robot for myself.

I don't know if it's possible, I don't know if it's happening, but if I were running a money generating code on my machine I would certainly want to make sure it's safe.

1. I think metaquotes makes a ton of money selling their software to dealers all over the world and are not interested in any experts.

2. all orders from whatever experts go to particular dealers not to metaquotes.

In order for MQ to determine some profitable experts they need to send to themselves every order received by hundreds of dealers every second of the day.

Then they have to sort them out to see which ones are manual and which come from experts. Then the will need some time to follow all possible experts to see if they are fantastically profitable. Sounds a little crazy to me.

3. I haven't seen any experts except in backtests often posted here in this forum, that are so wildly profitable to go though all this trouble to try to track them down.

4. And finally, if your expert is so gooood and you already made a million or two with it, what do you care.

Reason: