MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 966

[Deleted]
When viewing my account history in MT4, when I right-click on an item there is an option to: "Save as Detailed Report".  This creates an HTML file that can be customized by editing "StatementDetailed.htm" in the "templates" directory.  Where can I find documentation about this?  I want to learn what...
I've been working on a program for while now and its quite successful manually and turning it into an EA is what I've been doing for almost 7 months now and it all comes down to disabling Patterns that have already triggered Example: if a bearish engulf on the daily chart pops up and the next day if...
[Deleted]
  Help with exit  (1)
Hi, Can somebody give me a hint how to program an exit on the first profitable open price? After long or short the EA should check on every new open price if it is profitable or not and to close the trade if profitable. Thanks!
Hey I would like import the kernell32.dll function GetSystemPowerStatus to know if I am running on UPS in case of a power loss. The problem is that the function receives a pointer to a struct to write the output to: BOOL WINAPI GetSystemPowerStatus( _Out_  LPSYSTEM_POWER_STATUS lpSystemPowerStatus...
Hello Forum I am in the process of building an indicator that I can add to the short time frame chart that I normally trade, and show the high and low of the current bars for higher  time frames (and hence likely support and resistance levels) But to keep clarity I am wondering how to show these...
  Lot increase  (8)
Hi, would you please help me with the code for increasing lot if market  order closed with a loss and lot to stay the same if market order closed with profit. for an example if EA start with (0.1 lot ) to trade, lot must increase to 0.2 if market order closed with a loss and to 0.3 lot if market...
  a BOOL veriable  (9)
Hello freinds,   We say that:  Boolean constants may have the value of true or false, numeric representation of them is 1 or 0, respectively. True or TRUE, False or FALSE can be used, as well. Examples: bool a = true;bool b = false;bool c = 1; Its internal representation is a long 4-byte...
i.e., if i want my EA to trade on 10 currency pairs and move stop losses and takeprofits, i get account blocking, because about 10000 requests per day go to the server, therefore the program lacks its own quotation accounting out of online circulation, i.e. I want my robot to work with more than
[Deleted]
2012.11.27 15:36:58 TestGenerator: unmatched data error (low value 1.30383 at 2011.12.23 17:00 and price 1.30382 mismatched)
[Deleted]
 hi all .. I want to share some trading method I hope expert advisor can be made using this method  thanks
Hello, How is it possible to use a custom indicator (say MACD or so) in an Expert advisor for testing? I tried this but my journal says that 'SetIndexbuffer function must be called from custom indicator only'. Thank you.  
  problem with EA  (8)
Hi i found EA "After open a trade, take a screen shot and send email to you" https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10232 Unfortunately, I do not know why EA does not work. I change email adress, and then what? I need to get email immediately after the order. Thx for help
Hello experts I was looking for a way to set (manually) inadvance target levels for an open trade on MT4 so it can be automaticallypartially closed and so far it seems it is not possible on MT4 itself unless Iuse and EA. Being not a MQL4 programmer expert, I wrote thiscode and I would like to get...
Hello I am trying to find some answers into some issue i am having while doing optimizations on an EA i have. The main problem is i feel like i am doing optimization of the optimization. Meaning: For example with a simple crossover EA when i choose the optimization data to test up to 500 pips stop...
  A new-bar tick?  (7)
Hi MQLers, is there something like a new-bar tick ( I do not think so)? I mean - how does the terminal decide "this incoming data do not belong to the existing bar anymore, therefore I am gonna close it now and start with the next one"? The background is that I need to keep track of how certain bars...
i come across script using the "[ ]" symbol in EA... example :- string text[30]; can anyone guide me how to use it?
Few days ago I made MACD Crossover alert indicator, but it won't work correctly. It shows only last few bars and line won't work correctly. I don't know how to make it work properly. Maybe someone can help me
I am trying to overlay USDCHF data on EURUSD chart. It works fine on a demo account but the same indicator fails to come up on a live account. Can anyone explain ?
I using mt4 on my office, but firewall block many port for security for mt4 trading it can using normal no any problem but live update can't work  I tell admin to unblock port 443 so not I can using mt4 for looking graph  but every time I open mt4 then live update allway to update but can't update...
Hi all Ok I need to put some code in an EA which will ensure that no trades are ever taken (long or short) if any trade is currently on (long or short). Eg: If I am long, then no long or short trades will be entered until this trade is over and no trades are on (same if I am short).   Obviously this...
  Backtest data  (6)
Subject says it all: Dukascopy vs. Alpari? And does it make a difference?
Hi all, Both order buy and sell are on the same basics, buy ordermodify works well but sell ordermodify only works once(where it should modify every bar with new price untill filled). no errors showing. Ive checked stoplvls , slippage, bid/ask..all i could think of.       #property copyright...
hello to all: just wondering if this has happened to anyone. i trade with oanda on there MT4 platform. im in a trade, wanted to modify my trade, so right clicked on my order down in the terminal box came up, which reads modify or delete order as one of the options, always do it this way. no order...
[Deleted]
since i burnt several time again on real trading last few months ago,  by myself.  i think i should just  learn on mql4. 
Hi there, I would like to know how to change server times on my MT4 trading platform ? Thank you
Hello Traders/Coders, I am looking for an EA that I can use to send out mass text/emails thur MT4.  Any help is much appreciated. Jason zdalldredge@gmail.com
what does it means #define MAGICMA 20050610 what kind of variable is MAGICMA ?? and why it is defined for value 20050610 I found this in the EA named Moviing Average //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                               Moving...
[Deleted]
Hello all! The variable Place_Sell_Limit is set to false again while the code is executed: Place_Sell_Limit = false; I want the variable to be chosen as false too when I open the indicators input box. But it is like that: Any brilliant ideas out there masterbrains??? Greetings! :)
[Deleted]
Hello @ all, Below is my simple void function that should return the minute value but it don't work. The first return minute is good but:  1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes later (and so on) the returned value is always the same... Is there a cache to reset or something else to do ? Help would be appreciated....
Hi, i have an EX4 downloaded from web for which i dont know the paraemeters of their order. Can you folks provide a method to find the params? Thanks Jolly