MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 958

Yes, I know this topic has probably been covered many times, so I'm asking for patience.  I've been watching the championship for a couple of months now, and see a lot of articles and talk regarding the capability of MT5 to run a multi-currency EA.  So my questions are all based around that one...
Preliminary Announcement of the New MetaTrader 4 Build 449 New MetaTrader 4 client terminal is being prepared for release. MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 449 Terminal: Fixed calculation of price field width in Market Watch tick charts and trading dialog when using large system font....
[Deleted]
Hello am a new user and have searched but no luck to being able to place a DAILY moving average on a 15 minute or 30 minute or 60 minute chart. I was a long time user of CQG and found that indicator VERY useful but have yet to find one that I could use on a lower time frame chart. I just want to see
Using MQL4 language, how can I get the value of MA in seperate window where RSI is? Normally I know how to get MA value in chart window. Sometimes we need some indicators like RSI. Normally we put RSI in a seperate window, other than chart window. I need get MA value of that RSI which is in a...
[Deleted]
Hello, my Broker (ECN) allows scalping. So, I get this Info for MarketInfo MODE_STOPLEVEL: 0.00. It is a 5 digits Broker. BUT when sending orders I get the very known error message: OrderSend Error 130. These are my Commands: OrderSend(SYMBOL_MAIN,OP_SELL,0.1,Bid,30,NormalizeDouble(Bid + 15* Point,...
My EA is not running in StrategyTester. After pressing start nothing happens. The journal says“loaded successfully” and nothing else. I am testing on H1, every tick, using dates Dec 1, 2012 - Dec 20, 2012.  I have also tried daily, open prices only and all dates.   When I place the EA onthe chart...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am wondering if testing EAs on past data using the strategy tester application is reliable? The problem I have is that I have both a live account and a demo account. I did all my testing on the live account strategy tester, but when I ran the same EA on the demo account tester I get different...
Hi, I am all new to this MT4 and automated trading system. Is there any user guide or FAQ session that I could refer to? Besides, what exactly is trading signal subscriptions ? Thank you all in advance
I've developed an EA - the latest of many! - that I'm checking in the MT4 Strategy Tester (build 445). The strategy is essentially grid-based and not affected by spread changes to any noticable extent. For speed, I've been back-testing on the M5 timeframe and using the "Control points" modeling...
[Deleted]
  Leverage  (1)
I do not know anything about 'Leverage'. I am new in trading, my leverage is now 1:1000, but I can not know what is 1 or 1000 stands for. How does leverage will effect my account. Please any body tell me about leverage.
Is there someone who can help me to explain about this ebook? It seems quite interesting trading system. <attachment containing eToro broker promotion is deleted by moderator phi.nuts>
example alert(\naaaaa); 
[Deleted]
Is it possible to get data from different charts on a single EA? I am not talking about MTF, but instead getting object names and descriptions, for example, from different charts. Example: if chart 1 has object X and chart 2 has object Y then EA that is active on chart 3 will open trade.   I've...
I am trying to test a new EA I have written in the MT4 Strategy Tester. I am looking for some bugs that I must fixed, but the Journal does not give all the data so I want to open a "Log" file under "Tester", but the folder is empty. NO log files. What could be causing the problem? Please HELP!
  EA Buy / Sell Code Problem  (19   1 2)
Can anyone offer some help in correcting this buy / sell code ? Any help is much appreciated. <SNIP>
[Deleted]
Hi community, so after yesterdays great assistance I tried to finalize my program and added a trailing stop/stop loss part and an order closing part to my EA. But apparently often a position gets opened and closed immediately again, opened again and closed again and so on. Now my first thought was,...
[Deleted]
Hi, I use this code as Trading Times filter . But I need to add Minute section like 09:15 ... Any suggestion ? ------------------------------------ extern bool UseHourTrade = True; extern int FromHourTrade = 9; extern int ToHourTrade = 11; if (UseHourTrade){
[Deleted]
Hello (again) MQL4 community. I am a newbie in search for an answer. I am trying to export the strategy tester report and I am having problems opening/viewing the output file. I am using the Oanda  - metatrader demo account.  Please  see the image below for explanation.   Basically 1. I right click...
#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 Blue#property indicator_maximum 2#property indicator_minimum -2int TestBuffer[];//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Init...
[Deleted]
i am trading under trade orbitz. they have just upgraded their MT4. i have downloaded and installed it. the first time i run, it is fine. but after i exit and rerun the program, it failed to connect to the server. anyone know what is the problem??? 
picture: http://www.upload.ee/image/2913828/Weird.png Third terminal(third from up in picture) is installed some time ago. Second terminal(second from up in picture) i installed recently. And first one(first in the picture) is copy of second terminal. All terminals are from same company and i...
[Deleted]
Hello, I use this E.A, and in strategy tester work good, but when I put it on a real account, when it have to open two trades, sometimes (only sometimes), it open just one, so I cant testing in real. Could exist a code for an expert to review and correct if dont open a trade, every second? Sorry for...
[Deleted]
I am trying to set up an EA that looks for the last two digits of price to equal certain amounts. For example, when last two digits equals "00", perform a Print function. I was able to do it by converting the Bid/Ask to a string and using the StringFind function, but this is using too much resources...
Hello everyone. I'm starting a topic on the use and experiences using Martin Pring's KST indicator in FX trading using MT4. Would welcome any comments, ideas, experiences, thoughts, observations and the like. JGF
[Deleted]
Hello everyone! Is there a way to identify a selected object? E.g. if I double click a horizontal line, it is selected (you can move it, delete it and so on...). So what I want is to select an object via double click, my ci is recognizing the selected object and takes  it into further processing....
HI, Could you tell me why this is working only if I have only one order open at once? if( OrderType() == OP_SELL && OrderMagicNumber() == 0 && OrderLots() == 0.05 && OrderStopLoss() == 0 ) {OrderModifyReliable(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice()+75*10*Point,OrderTakeProfit(),0...
[Deleted]
Hi community, I just started learning MQL4 and although there are some similar problems solved on this forum I can't figure out my problem. I started doing the followoing code to place an Order depending on the behavciour of the Stochastic Oscillator, which worked as intended: int init() {    return...
[Deleted]
Hi all:  Im using filewrite function for first time and its working well but the output it gives into the csv file is not double values nor text, more specifically, I will get the value of the pair without comma separator (ie if its 1,323 it will go 1323) but the worst part is that if there are...
I have written a couple of simple EA's MANY months ago and just wrote a new one after all this time - but I have become very rusted. When I want to run this successfully compiled EA in the Strategy Tester nothing wants to happen. I cannot even open "Expert Properties" to set the external variables....
Hello,   STRATEGY Buy:- Buy from thebeginning of second green candle     SELL Sell for the begining of second red candle INPUT   MAGIC NUMBER   MODE OF EXECUTION MARKET EXEUTION/INSTANT EXECUTION    CHECK RESISTANCE TRUE/FALSE...