MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 917

Уважаемые разработчики. Просьба прокомментировать ответ брокера : Цитата : "Отвечаю на Ваш вопрос по поводу отсутствия минутных котировок за 2-3 года. Разработчик программного обеспечения MT4 установил ограничение на количество отображаемых тиков на графике и то что мы выводим на график, это тот...
Why I've differents results in 3 PC with same parameters in entry, same dates range and same broker ?  I've the follow results.  - Backtest in First:   - 2nd Backtest: - 3rd Backtest   
I have installed MT4 manager to a Windows 8 based laptop. It has an error of public key not found but i already put the appropriate registration entry on the manager. Does it means that the MT4 Manager is not applicable with windows 8? Thanks
How is it possible that an EA has more than one condition for opening orders.Advise ,Example appreciated.
i made EA with simple strategy but it not work it dont open position and i dont know why its strategy works well with most pairs and time frames (not more H4) please help me extern int MagicNumber = 0; extern bool SignalMail = False; extern bool EachTickMode = True; extern double Lots = 1...
Hello all,  I am trying to write a very short indicator that I can run in back test that will show me how deep a draw down goes during a set of tests. I am looking at Martingales type of trading systems in some EA's. If the draw downs are not too deep they will close out as profitable in the MQL4...
you know how on the charts, you can apply one indicator onto another by clicking, "apply to first indicator's data?" how can you do the same for programming in mql4? For example, I want to create a strategy that involves bollinger bands on RSI values. 
H1 EURUSD FROM 2001 with 2% risk per trade. I am looking at the areas that need improving. Test has been confirmed with a tick test (EA uses open prices).
[Deleted]
Hi there! I'm new to the community and to the idea of algo trading, and I'm in need of help with coding my very first EA! What I did is that I downloaded EA from this link: https://book.mql4.com/samples/expert and tried to modify 'Trading criteria' in order to meet my expectations. Of course my...
Some of the EAs I have a lot if inputs. Example 20 symbols, 10 ten frames and 32 patterns. The configuration with in Metatrader is a not pretty. So I had a QT app built currently it is a EXE app( later in the summer I will tackle it for a real time interface. Right now it reads and writes data to a...
[Deleted]
The biggest (greatest) ticket number always corresponds to the last (the newest) order of the account. Is it true ?  Ticket(order A) > ticket(order B) ---> Order A was opened after the order B was. Is it true ? 
[Deleted]
It is inconvenient not able to modify the order magic number. The order comment, too. 
What folder which MQL4 keep history data ? Thank you
Hi, When testing EA's, are you more concerned about the max or relative drawdown, perhaps both? I think max drawdown is more important as this determines the drop from the "balance" whereas relative determines the drop from the "equity". This way I know what I could expect from the worst possible
Can somebody explain to me how iRSI indicator really work. pls check attached photo & code.       double sarMA1=iSAR(symb,0,0.02,0.2,1);    double sarMA2=iSAR(symb,0,0.02,0.2,2);    double rsiMA=iRSI(symb,0,14,PRICE_MEDIAN,1);    double marH=60.0;    double marL=40...
[Deleted]
Hello all, On currency tickers (e.g EURUSD)  I get the chart and the H1 or H4 data is bar aligned on the hour so I get bars that are timestamped as 15:00, 16:00 or whatever. The problem is that for some tickers (#AA and #C) I get the H1 and H4 data bar aligned on the half hour, so the bars are...
[Deleted]
As humans, we can readily tell when we have live data feed and when we don't.  But just try to write a code for insertion into a custom indicator that can tell, during times when there is no live feed (weekends, holidays, etc.) that there is no live data feed!   I don't think it can be done, but if...
If  PC run at sleep mode . EA can work or not.
Dear Guys I wrote a EA with a logic that trade with different symbol. Like logic looking for trade in EURUSD if logic not find any trade in there then it looking trade in GBPUSD and many more symbol look one after by one. But I am going to back test  using strategy tester I found a problem. Strategy...
[Deleted]
  Demonstration trading from Dr.F.  (131   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Good afternoon. Partly as a continuation of the "Absolute Courses" thread (by virtue of being here), and partly anew (by virtue of the basis on new ideas), I am continuing with demo trading. At first, on a demo account. For about a week or two, to analyze a new idea. After that I will repeat demo
[Deleted]
This was an indicator that I am trying to make into an EA.  I am trying to do one thing at a time.  I am just working the buy side.  Pls notice that strategy tester placed a buy order about 16 pips above the high of the bar.  Why? I am using Ask in the OrderSend function.    Journal 2013.04.12 23:09...
Hi, does anybody know whether here bool expr1,expr2,expr3,expr4;..expr1 = High[1]>High[2];...if( expr1 && expr2 && expr3 && expr4 ) { ... } a) all expr1,..expr4 are tested to be true or b) only the first and if expr1 == false all the others were skipped as if will be false? Additionally if the...
Hello all,  I was trying to make a scalping EA, but I can't figure this thing out: It immediately closes all it's positions. Been looking over it for hours now, hope one of you can see it. I guess it has to do with the TP/SL. The reason I don't use the OrderSend function for that, is because my...
[Deleted]
Hi there,  I was wondering the if the community could help me out in respect to defining what 'current chart' means in https://docs.mql4.com/series/iBars.  We have the following in our code: int bar = iBars(symbol, PERIOD_M5);   What we don't understand:  When we loop over the symbol set, we get a...
Is there a "in" function in MQL4? Something like  if( Var in 1,2,3 ) ...  It is pretty common in other languages but I haven't been able to find it in MQL4 yet.
  MT4 on TAB  (4)
Can i run desktop version of MT4 with custom Indi's/EA's on a tablet PC like the following: """""""""" Acer ICONIA TAB W501 (Wi-Fi + 3G) •  AMD Dual-Core Processor C-60 (1.0GHz with Turbo-CORE Technology up to 1.33GHz) •  3G WAN •  Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 32-bit •  Integrated Bluetooth...
hii ... are someone can help me .. i trade with manual  scripts .. open pending stop buy/sel 9 level ... if price move up all pending buy stop have 1 TP ... if price move down all pending sell stop have 1 TP i want haves ea can monitoring if all open order hit TP .. then EA can close all pending...
I just downloaded MT4. Trying to add support-resistence to my charts. (want support-resistenc for 15-30-1hr-daily).  Tried to add one support - resisticen to Custom Indicators., Failed at that. Do not know what I am doing wrong. I cannot find instructions on how to add a program I found. Would...
Hello everyone, I recently upgraded my OS from XP to Windows 7 and experienced CTL+C crashing MT4 editor. I looked everywhere on the web and few people suggested a solution but it didnt work for me. So I want to share how i solved this issue completely so other people don't have to google all night