MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 882

I want to export history data for back testing, after exported, when I want to open the data under office excel, an error message was shown that "file not loaded completely". I would like to export 10 years data. May I know how to do that? I won't be able to export 10 years data. Thank you
[Deleted]
Lots=MathFloor((AccountFreeMargin()*AccountLeverage()*Risk*Point*100)/(Ask*MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE)*MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT)))*MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT);Print(Lots); When checking the log, I continue to get a calculation of 0 lots, so this error perpetuates: 2013.07.17 17:47...
[Deleted]
Im trying to make a custom indicator that will draw a rectangle when ihighest-ilowest of the last "n" bars is less then "r". I have tried altering other custom indicator thats draw rectangles based on session times, and have also read about custom indicators in the mlq4 book but still i have had no...
[Deleted]
I am running the same EA on several different demo accounts. The EA properties will not open on one of the brokers. I have to delete the EA and reinstall it to access properties.The other brokers open without a problem. Any suggestions on why this is happening?
New article Alert and Comment for External Indicators. Multi-Currency Analysis Through External Scanning has been published. Alert for multi-currency and multiple time frame analysis of external indicators. The article deals with a method of getting event information in respect of events in external...
[Deleted]
  Execution times  (2)
Are there any general methods to reduce execution times? The ping time to my brokers MT4 server from my VPS is < 1 millisecond, still it takes between 100 and 200 milliseconds to send an order and have it confirmed back. How can this be reduced? Why is this time variable, it only depends on how...
Hi, I wrote the EA. Which will run one pair per chart. Is this possible to run multi pairs by attaching the EA to single chart. Eg: I attached the EA to EUR/USD chart . currently my EA will work for EUR/USD pairs only. for additional pairs i have to open new chart and have to attach EA. Question: By
[Deleted]
Hi, I've been using Ninja Trader for quite some time now: I love and need its tick charts. But only futures brokers offer it, and I need the low margin and low ticksizes of CFD/Forex markets. I like MT4 too, but it does not have tickcharts. So, I've been thinking whether the two programs are...
Example - FTSE 9pm close, 8am open (on a certain broker). When downloading the (paid for) historical dataset, for some reason in the 1minute data, the gap between the 9pm close and the following 8am open is bridged, by the 08:00 1min candle. More specifically, the close of the last candle on the
Can anyone tell me why the trend indicator will not load on teh chart when I go to drag it there nothing happens. I have treid recdompiling it but it says decompiled code cannot be used. I did not steal it it has been in the library for a number of years how do I fix it. Thanks here is the link to...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys, I am newbie here. As stated in the said subject, could anyone recommend me a good trailing stop ea? I have been browsing around and not able to get it. Many thanks.
[Deleted]
  not open posisi  (1)
hello admin.please help my.why my EA not running in mt4 this my script EA. #define SIGNAL_NONE 0 #define SIGNAL_BUY 1 #define SIGNAL_SELL 2 #define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3 #define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4 #property copyright "Expert Advisor Builder" #property link "http://sufx.core.t3-ism...
Hello everyone, im trying to add the decimal points for the lotsize that my expert advisor can handle. currently it is only using 2 decimal places that is 0.01 but i would like it to use 0.015, i have tried to do this with NormalizeDouble function but im not getting the desired result. is there...
The first sorry for my English. This is what i want: When the EA is running, in the one candle, I want the first order has Stop loss and Take profit = Stop loss, but the orther orders in this candle i want they have Take profit = Stop loss * 2. Thank all :)
Please someone should help me via my email address emmanuelmba13@rocketmail.com
Hi guys, If I have an open position with its TP and SL settled with OrderModify(), is it possible to close this position with a new limit order (like a new different TP) and so having at the same time two TP for the same order? I think that if I have a buy order at market and then send a sell limit...
  OrderSend() not executing  (16   1 2)
Hi, I have two demo accounts with the same service provider running the exact same EA on both of them. Only difference is the time frame (5min & 1min). On the 5min the OrderSend() executes without any problem. On the other instance, the MT4 running the 1min charts, it does not execute at all. Not...
Using the following code i am trying to download as much history i can or 3000 bars from this moment is downloaded. int init(){      string paar[] = {"AUDCAD.arm", "AUDCHF.arm" ,"AUDJPY.arm" ,"AUDNZD.arm" ,"AUDUSD.arm" ,"CADCHF.arm" ,"CADJPY.arm" ,"CHFJPY.arm" ,"EURAUD.arm" ,"EURCAD.arm"...
[Deleted]
I am having a problem that I have never faced before. I have some EAs that I downloaded free here, they are in mq4 format. But when I put them in my live account, they dont work. They are shown as grey when they are not ex4 files and also when i try to attach them to a chart, message appears saying...
Metaquotes, This software says : '' By the end of delay the plugin confirms the order using the worst price for the trader http://www.tools4brokers.com/products/Virtual_Dealer_Plugin Is this type of plug ins allowed(legal) by Metaquotes?
Hello is there an indicator to count 1 day total candle that already formed example 1 hour = 24 candle, 30 minutes = 48 candle etc . Because all indicator are based on price missing candle are crucial especially on lower time frame such as 1 minutes, 5 minutes . I noticed that missing candle happen...
Need an indicator/script that gives a sound alert every 14 minutes! please.....! thanks for the helpers !
Hi I use Meta Editor with different settings of the programming field visibility. When is the good visibility (good weather) I use white background and black fonts, but if the wheather is bad or is the evening I would like to use black background and white fonts etc. I do not want change every time...
Is it possible to get data from mysql and store in memory and have backtester use that data. I was hoping it is possible to speed up backtesting somehow? The articles on 'sql wrapper' look to read into arrays but I'm not sure if the backtester can be tapped to allow a speed up. Then again that is...
[Deleted]
  testing question  (1)
I have a system - not automated - a few indicators which i have saved as a template. Is it possible to test its entry points using MT4 tester - if so - please tell how. Thank you Hans
How do I get my ea to only trade during the New York Session? GMT 0800 to 1600 How do I display GMT on my chart?
[Deleted]
Hello im trying to draw lines on a 15 Min chart at the level of the last, most recent, Up and Down fractal (using iFractals). I have enclosed a screen shot (Eur/USD) of what i mean and also the code that i have been using until now (fractallines.mq4). Suffice to say the code does not work; no lines...
[Deleted]
hi im alex from uk and im new to this forum i have small question about mt4 i was reading about robots and automated trades but still not sure about my idea i use mt4 i have few trading account which im use at same time, i try different strategy on each i was wondering is any way how i can setup mt4...
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm having a problem with using a function to return the lowest value of the current 5 min bar using an EA attached to a H1 chart. The problem seems to be with the timeframe enumeration. I tried finding an answer on the forum but couldn't. Here's my code: Print("val= ",Low[iLowest(NULL,5...
I am trying to establish the ATR as a whole number, rather than e.g. 0.00100 (ATR being 10 in this case). So far I have tried the following code all which produce 0.0xxxxx ATR values. I can use the decimal values fine to place a stop loss (Ask - ATR value) but when I need to calculate the risk for...