MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 848

Hi Guys, See below. I am using MT4 Build 509 on an Australian Global Prime ECN broker. 1. I cannot seem to use the loop variable i as the buffer array index directly. Have to change it to something else: shift = i, for example. Reversing shift and i give same result: a dark screen. No compiler...
[Deleted]
Hi folks, Help needed. My advisor creates support and resistance levels in the main window as the day goes.. Those levels have certain life duration, which I define. When TimeCurrent() > exp..., the lines are removed. Everything works fine, but only when there is just one pair of levels on the...
Hello, I am working on an EA and have a problem with my BE function. For Example: BUY 1.00 BUY 1.10BUY 1.20Calculation of the BE is easy, it would be 1.10, so close all Trades if < = 1.10 But what do I do if I have this situation? BUY 1.00BUY 0.80 BUY 0.85First the BE would be above the price of...
Normally in the Setting tab in the metatrader 4 mobile for iphone got a message option and in it to find the metaqoutes ID. Since last night, i stop receiving notifications and reinstalled the new version build 505 and message is missing.
Hey Guys, my skills in MQL4 aren't that sophisticated so I have no idea why I get the Error 4051 all the time. It would be also very helpful I one could explain in more detail to me what an invalid ticket is, maybe I'll figure it out by my own then. Thanks in advance! This should the relevant...
  MARKET REPLAY  (8)
Dear Members, I would like to find an add-on, or extra software for MT4 that would enable to do market replay (in a faster time than real preferably) and also paper trade at the same time. Could you help me with possible suggestions please ? kindest regards Peter 
[Deleted]
Recently my send notification is no longer working for my EA. I have try testing directly using test notification from the option dialog from mt4 and got 403 error from the terminal window. Appreciate if anyone throw some light on why the notification breaks and how I can resolve it? Thanks.
[Deleted]
#property copyright "Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp."#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"//This ea sets the stop loss for a trade, given the lots used in the trade and the risk factor inputed.  extern double risk_factor = 0.02;extern double reward_risk_ratio = 2.0; int...
[Deleted]
Hi, Experts Please advise me how to open chart windows always in maximized form specially when CTRL + TAB is used to change chart windows already saved in profile. Kind regards wkurukul
  expert name  (9)
Hi, Someone help me. How to know runing expert name in other indicator? thx
[Deleted]
Very good, I wanted to get a file with OHLC historical data, fractal and zigzag. I developed what I think is the main part, and I'm learning MQL4 language. But the rest of code would be to get these EURUSD historical data on all timeframes? thank you very much for ( int i= Bars - 1 ;i<= 0 ;i--) {
hi all, i just finished writing an EA. the EA works just fine, only that it generates many alerts. every time after the conditions have been met(crossovers) if there is a movement in the 5th digit there is an alert. Isn't the shift field used to take values from "x" bars relative to the current one?...
Hi, please if s.o. can confirm or tell me a mistake or if s.th. is missing except the the code to admin. the targets before and after this: I want to catch if the new target for a buy-position is too close to the actual price: double pointProfitBuyTarget = (qtsTarget - Bid)/Point;if...
  historical data  (2)
I just setup MT4 on another machine. After downloading historical data from MetaQuotes for GBP/USD, I then tried to test my EA in StrategyTester, but nothing happens. The screen is stuck on 'waiting for update'
I have looked around, and I have determined how to use the time of day / day of week to determine strategies in my EA. My question is, does this actually work in the strategy tester? (I am not sure how the strategy tester pulls the time) - Props to Raptor for this source code btw. Additionally...
Hi everyone I am kinda new to programming and am currently trying to code my own EA. when im tried to backtest my EA using the ordersend() function, the EA starts to execute too many new orders and thus ccausing the EA to overload and thus getting the error 148. According to my understanding, the...
With the help of forum members i have been able to put together an EA. Now while my EA was running i noticed that every time the EA generated an alert, the journal shows "custom indicator oscillator removed." Just for convenience the indicator is also display on the terminal. so every time there an...
[Deleted]
Couple hours ago I downloaded and tried to use two EA. I've found the manual how to optimize the strategy: http://www.easyexpertforex.com/backtesting-optimization.html . I have run the optimization and the optimizer gave me many results. The best result was copied to input parameters and then I...
Hi I creat New EA,when I test it in Strategy tester in MT4,it work for some day then screen is freezed without any error in journal tab!!! can any one Help me!!
Hello everyone, i came across a function offered on one of the trading platforms. it is something like this : once an open order has reached take profit the pending order will be closed for that chart. has anyone come across such a script for mt4? help this poor soul manage his trades :D
Hi guys, I’minterested in strategy that modifies pending stop orders price (buy stop andsell stop) in that way that it keeps both at the same distance from the market.So if the market moves up, buy stop pending order as well as sell stop pendingorder will go up and vice versa. Is it possible to have...
Hi, when I declare a variable in a included file, if this var is called of a included file loaded from it, the compiling fails, examples... THIS WORKS FINE Script... #include <include1.mqh> // note: without this comment between include commands, the SRC style shows all in the same color #include
  negative numbers  (2)
dev = dev * 1.0; Why does the above line compile, but if I add a negative sign (below) then I get a compile error '-' unexpected token? dev = dev * -1.0;
  "If" question  (21   1 2 3)
Lets consider 4 moving averages : double EMA1 = iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 1 , 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE , 1 ); double EMA2 = iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 2 , 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE , 1 ); double EMA3 = iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 3 , 0 , MODE_EMA , PRICE_CLOSE , 1 ); double EMA4 = iMA ( Symbol (), 0 , 4 , 0
Dear Coders, I need a simple EA (MT4) that moves stop loss to Heiken Ashi open price plus some pips for sell position and minus for buy position. Stop losses should be moved to complete bar open, not to current bar which is not closed yet. Will be most gratefuller if you post the code. Thank you in...
This one trader from Australia appears to have found the holy grail we have all been looking for? I've been following his Mt4 Charts blog site http://harryoo.blogspot.com/ for almost two weeks now. He posts the daily one-minute chart of his Mt4 Expert-Trader-Program trading the Emini CFD every...
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone, I have done backtest for my EA on H4 using Strategy Tester, Control Point setting. I have few questions and hope you can help. 1. Using broker historical data, the results on Fxpor, Peperstone, FXDD, Axitrader are not the same. The shape of the balance Graph is similar across these...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I have a problem with Strategy Tester - it always returns in log window: 2013.10.12 16:00:43 There were 1 passes done during optimization. I did some manual testing during previous week and this EA send many pending orders and many of them were activated, so one passes during tests...
Hello, I need some help to create a simple Array(I guess thats what I need). When I get a signal I have stored the time of the signal like this: datetime TimeofCross; TimeOfCross = TimeCurrent(); I get the time of the current signal but I would also like to get the time...
[Deleted]
In code I have the following lines if (g_stopBuffer[bar] == EMPTY_VALUE)    g_stopBuffer[bar] = g_stopBuffer[bar+1]; The g_stopBuffer is not drawn on screen i this case. I spent lots of time guessing why, but if I add another couple of lines and get: if (g_stopBuffer[bar] ==...