MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 810

[Deleted]
Hello people, I'm 16 and fairly new to programming. Have had a go at writing my first EA and I'm getting an error to do with passing values to functions. What I am trying to do is pass the boolean variables returned by my two long and short trade-scan functions into my trade execution function, but...
I am getting these parameters when trying to do offline backtest: - MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSIZE): 100.000 - MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MINLOT): 0.1 - MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_LOTSTEP): 0.1 - MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MAXLOT): 100 After I login to an account it goes to 100.000, 0.01, 0.01, 99...
Hi I have some problems with my magic numbers. I have one real live account with EA:s that has magic number 1117 and 1118 and 1119 And i also have a Demo account with the same broker, with a MT4 that's installed on another computer. The thing is that, if i run EA:s on the demo account. It doesn't...
I found that metatrader and backtesting is looking like a devil saying yes and laughing at me. I ran many expert advisors including the moving average that comes default with metatrader and when you run it over a few days with tick data or openprices I dont see the profit on report having the same...
Now I have made codes as below in " int init()" in my EA     ObjectCreate("a",OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);     ObjectSet("a",OBJPROP_CORNER,2);    ObjectSet("a",OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,20);    ObjectSet("a",OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,20);    ObjectSetText("a","注:未计算平台交易手续", 12, "", Snow); when the EA runs, I can't see this...
After some research I have decided to try MetaTrader4 because I want to test some EAs. I need some help with getting started. I have an iMac so I had to buy Parallels 9 in order to install Windows 8.1 on it and download MetaTrader 4 on it (its better that way). I am now on the screen where I have to...
  Need Help for .ex4 file.  (19   1 2)
Hello All, Hope you guys are fine. I have been facing problem with .ex4 files, more specifically indicators. I have got few indicators in a popular Forex forum. They are in .ex4 format. If I install them and trade manually then my chart freezes frequently. So it has become impossible to follow them...
Hello Coders & Traders; (this topic for research and development) I am looking for the answer of this question What are The Automated system need to be worth the programming of it? maybe the question look not simple but the answer is simple but to translate it we will find the difficulty not in...
[Deleted]
This is a first post for me. I have very basic knowledge of MT4 as have only been trading a few years. So I have 2 different MT4 applications installed on my Windows 7 computer. (2 brokers). I have usually had no problem with placing expert advisor files into the desired MT4 folders (Experts,...
[Deleted]
Hi! I draw a trendline into the chart and save the template as "tester". Then I run a backtest, when the price hits the trendline an order shall be placed. When the backtest starts, the trenline is drawn but shiftet to the right. I select the trendline and check the parameters. They are exactly as...
How do I get a stop loss to follow a sma, new to mql4 and trying to figure this out
Can we filter trades performed by an ea in account history tab in MT4?Can anyone help? Thanks.
When I want to optimize some parameter 's value by select Optimization in tester, i will get the optimization result in the list of Optimization Results. then I select one from the list of results, and I set the parameters according to the selected result and test it again; What is surprising is
[Deleted]
I am a new comer here. I have downloaded the MT4 from www.mql4.com. I want to get the DUKASCOPY data and practice.I do not know how to connect the DUKASCOPY ECN broker to do it . Maybe there is the MT4 in www.DUKASCOPY .com for download, but I do not want to download it to replace the MT4 already...
  MT4 EMA  (2)
Hi Can anyone tell me what % is applied in MT4 EMA calculation? The literature says "P-percent exponential moving average". Thanks
[Deleted]
How do we get rid of this? It only started showing up with the new update/build. It is very annoying because that is the space I use for my market quotes. Any idea how to delete this info.??
Charting currency pairs is standard. When dealing with indices each index is charted against TIME. Is it possible to chart one index against another eg CAC/DAX. These two indices move together very closely and it is possible to trade any disparity, but not when this disparity is not clearly visible....
  New metatrader 4 compatible experts  (230   1 2 3 4 5 ... 22 23)
This a thread dedicated to new metarader compatible experts (those that need to be adjusted) _____________________ This is a renko live chart 3.3 expert adapted to work with the new metatrader 4 history file formats. The main difference (apart from being able to generate renko charts for the new...
Dear Colleagues, I am newbie in Forex Trading. plz Help
Please, your help, I need to get the OrderOpenPrice() from the first order ( from the openbuy() funtion ) into the third order ( to the openbuystop function ) and the testing is stopping at the third order, it seems not taking the OrderOpenPrice from the firts order. I thank you any help. void...
  советник  (1)
Ребята помогите кто может,в Ilan1.6 заменил Rsi на CCI,сейчас хотел бы добавить в параметры переменную CCI период,такое возможно?
I am sure everyone will agree that it is always a good idea to verify EA sanity in the tester... Is there a way to configure the tester to simulate various broker settings so I can test my EA's in these different environments? In particular the docs for AccountStopoutMode and AccountFreeMarginMode...
Hi I there any way i can change in the MT4 deposit value, from showing deposit value calculated with commission & swap or not?
[Deleted]
Hi.. How could i combine two indicator which are running different period in one EA ?. As example I want to combine 2MA indicator. The first MA running based on period one hour and the second MA running based on period four hour. Could some body guide me ? Thank you bh_hensem
Hi I am sometimes getting this error message on my small live account even though i am doing a check for lotstep and minlot. (I haven't been able to replicate the issue in backtesting, so i can't check the values to see if they had extra decimal places) I have already normalized the calclot value...
Is there way to export from MT4 Terminal iExposure's values to Excel or just somehow copy-paste them? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi, I am using metatrader 4 on my mobile from last 6 months. I always have difficulty to find find support, pivot and resistance levels. Is it possible for you to add a indicators which draw these on any chart. Thanks Shailesh
Dear community, Recently I added a new broker and guess what: they do not provide a "Daily Confirmation" via eMail. According to their customer service, they want ro avoid to become marked as "spammers"... I will not comment on that. So, now I need another solution. My first idea was: this could...
Hi, I tried to ask my brokers to enable signals, but they just stopped to answer saying that they don't understand what I want, I don't know if I am making a mistake, maybe in the setting of the platform . can anyone help me?
Can someone please tell me what the UTC/GMT offset of the data in the history center of MT4 is when testing at the moment?