MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 702

Hi, I try cu call WebRequest from an indicator an dont work. I try with wininet (dll call) but the indicator dont work. How can i make to call a webpage from an indicator Thanks. 
How long does the EA logic keep working? Does it reset itself at some point? I am asking this as I have an EA that only limits trades to 2 per day or in a given time period like an hour or stops trading when profit reaches XXX dollars. I run it on a VPS so my MT4 does not technically shut down...
[Deleted]
Hello Everyone,   I was wondering is it possible to make an EA that runs its deinit function at certain given times. I usually forget to remove my EA :P and that makes me a lot of trouble.   so I thought I have to make an extern DateTime to run the deinit function without removing the EA manually....
Is real trading possible on on conventional time frames ?
I recently started using drag to modify for take profit and one thing I noticed was the red line that marks where it should close the order is off by the amount of spread, so the price has to move past the red line for the amount spread before it closes the order..  I would prefer that the spread...
Look last Code ,why the run ruzult is  ok2    not  ok3?  double a=4.0;      double    b=4.5;      if(a>b)  Alert("ok1");      if(a<b)  Alert("ok2");      if(a==b) Alert("ok3"); double a=4.0;      int b=4;      if(a>b)  Alert("ok1");      if(a<b)  Alert("ok2");      if(a==b) Alert("ok3");...
For UK traders only ... Let me start bysaying I have no financial connection to Alpari, other than my FOREX account iswith them. Alpari started doingSpread betting accounts about a month ago and I opened one which became availableto trade this evening. Their website and staff don’t seem to know...
[Deleted]
  MT4 Proffit EA  (4)
Ok so I have looked in your forums and cant find what i need. I am a VB.Net coder and cant get what I did to work.  How do I get an Alert EA that will do the following: extern double  profitToAlert  = 20; If sum of all open trades equals or is more than profitToAlert  then alert me by playing an mp3...
My Price alerts are getting triggered when price is no where near alert price.What is going on? The example below show AUD/USD the orange line shows where alert should be.I have circled the triggered alert.    
Hello, I am currently working on a major hardware update for my working station. I usually have between 10-20 instances of MT4 running so my programmer suggested to choose a processor with a maximum number of hard cores ( like te AMD opteron 6274
[Deleted]
Is there code or command for finding how much interest is earned per day on trades and balance? Thanks!
Hi would it be possible to place the search field right beside Topics in the headline, may be with the hint to seek the key words first:
Dears, how to change the period of MT4 strategy tester to others? e.g. to H12, 30S, .... or only can select the options in the breakdown list? No other solution for it? Please help and thanks.
Is Max Buys, Sells and Trades in an EA input the maximum number of trades that can be opened even though there might already be an open position? Thanks. 
Hello, New to mql4 and really coding in general but I have to start some where. Can anyone help me with this? I have a random string of numbers (different character lengths) that end with .gif. how do I remove just the ".gif" from a string? Old: 0248240420428420842.gif New
[Deleted]
Hi Guys I am trying to compare my pivot point with a site that has the correct pivot points. First I went to investing.com, the to action forex & noticed that & noticed tat all three the pivot as well as support & resistance points differ. http://www.investing.com/technical/pivot-points http://www...
Hi,   I'm just wondering if already exists a "protection" agains account blow up. For example, We know there are a lot of EA Robots that make a lot of money then in a few hours they blow up your account.  Since most part of them are martingale/grids I was thinking to create an EA when the account...
[Deleted]
Hello Experts! Is it possible to create an EA whose onTick() function is called whenever a new tick arrives, no matter what is the currency of that particular tick? Based on my limited mql knowledge, an EA is only 'listening' on the chart where it is connected to. So if I place an EA on the EURUSD...
[Deleted]
Hi please forgive my dumb question as I am new and learning. Have read a few books but cant find the answer to this question.  When making a trade on MT4 Is it not better to sell by Market all the time. My reason is as I write this CHF/JPY shows 118.330sell/118.357buy. If I click sell by market I...
Hi, I'm having some issues with array sorting and ArrayMinimum() and ArrayMaximum().  Not sure if it is Update related or ME related. I'll stick to the basic issue for this post - Min and Max are not returning correct values for me.  Notice the printout below. The minimum is zero rather than -1.0...
[Deleted]
Can any one show me how to create the current 5 min candle with this code?//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                  MTF Candles.mq4 |//|                                       2007, Christof Risch (iya) |//| Shows...
[Deleted]
  HashSet in mgl4  (2)
Is there something like a hashset available in mql4? Like to one in Java. I want to add and remove items, and iterate through the items. Sorting is not required. Thanks in advance
[Deleted]
  Using neural networks in trading  (393   1 2 3 4 5 ... 39 40)
Hello all! I have read the information about nets and understood that they can predict everything, but I just need to know what. I've been trying to figure out what I should predict with a grid to get an entry/exit signal, but I've never found the answer. I have not found the answer. May someone
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I can't seem to access the MT4 trading platform . It's always displaying "No Connection" at the bottom right corner, and Im not sure how to continue. I've tried making an account, but there aren't much options to choose from and I can't get past the "scan" screen. Can I just access the
Hello,   I am trying to write EA which will change lot size depending on number of losses. Is there a way to count StopLoss execution in MQL4?     Regards 
So I have touched on this before briefly in a fairly old thread but I am not wanting to come up with an efficient solution to this issue. The programmers at FXCM have emailed me saying that I need to use: Print(" -- Tick Size is: ", DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE),5) , " -- Tick Value...
  Accessing Files  (1)
Good morning I want to try and access the LOG files and have read about using routines in KERNEL132.dll (https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1540) and this looks useful but I am trying to figure how to retrieve the path to the file In Older builds everything appeared C:\Program Files\MetaTrader4....etc...
The mobile terminal of MT4 have thepossibility to close order partialy. Is it possible to close orderpartialy from the PC terminal (and how) or by EA?
Hey everyone,   I'm developing a simple MACD cross buy/sell script, but when I run the tester, it opens a buy order for some lots, and then nothing happens. Prior to the script completing, the single order is then closed. Does anyone know what's going on here? Thanks. Here is the output journal:...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,     Appreciate your reply on this. Thanks in advance On D1 time frame, every bar in MT4  start with 00:00 (eg, 2014.10.31 00:00)   so for 2 different assets, regardless of market opening time Asset 1: iOpen[i]  happens same time as Asset 2: iOpen[i] ?   How about iClose[i] This has been...