MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 680

The charts seem to open up many days back. Which means I need to swipe forever just to get to the current trading window. Why is the default not the current candle as to me that would make more sense? Is there a short cut in Metatrader 4 android app so that a chart opens to the current trading? Or
[Deleted]
  MT4 usage  (2)
I have a question regarding a possible function in MT4. Is it possible if when one order is closed, the other should automatically open. Its more like the 'opposite' of OCO order. Thanks!
Dear all,  can someone help me how to code or what is the code for displaying max allowed total order of broker ?   regards 
The history data has been exported successfully from TickStory to MT4. However, after the testing when you open the chart, the chart only can display those data available from my broker for a short period. For old data, the chart can't display then how to analyze the testing
Most, if not all, MT4 brokers close down their servers earlyon Fridays and start up late on Sundays. His means 4 one-hour bars are missing from the data.   What I want to do is have a script that I can apply at theend of Friday that will add 4 dummy one-hour bars to the chart.   My knowledge of...
Hi, I'm a newbie to MT4 so bare with me please. Is it possible with MT4 to excute a Expert Advisor script that uses multiple timeframes in order to create trading signals? If so, how do I achieve this in code? Timeframes such as 1min, 2min, 5min etc. Thanks for your help. 
[Deleted]
Noob issue   one click trades no longer display horizontal line on live charts. Any suggestions appreciated.
Hi, is it possible to transfer the trades of a html-Statement (produced on an other computer by the tester) into a chart on my MT4? Maybe there is a script that can do? Thanks für help, Klaus
[Deleted]
Hi, I have for a while tried to figure out how can I change the time frame over multiple windows (Charts) in Metatrader4.  What I mean is that when I for example change from hour to daily then I want both XAUUSD and XAGUSD to change simultaneously. Because as it is now I need to mark XAU to change...
[Deleted]
Hi   I try to adapt and customize a code and I still have three errors Quye I can not seem to correct, the block of code in question : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|add char at beginning or end of...
#include <CustomChartingBacktest.mqh> and at the very top of the void OnTick() function add the following function call: if(skipFirstTickOnBacktest()) return;   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                       CustomChartingBacktest.mqh...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I had an EA which worked fine. As I needed to avoid to open position on calendar events, I've added some more code into my EA. In order to test it, It simply opens a long position if EURUSD market rate is above 1.1300 and opens a short position if the EURUSD market rate is below 1.1300. It...
I just installed MT4 for the first time and playing with it using demo account. A few questions. 1. I placed GBPUSD order having volume 0.01 by clicking on "Buy by Market" button. Now how do I see at what price did I buy this? Like some sort of order history. 2. I didn't enter any value for "Stop...
[Deleted]
Hi, My EA is using custom made indicators (e.g. Keltner channel from https://www.mql5.com/en/code/8445). It is looking on multiple timeframes  using iCustom where the second parameter is set to different timeframes.  In the strategy tester, if I select the Period to be H1 and press the start button...
I try to find configurations. I find some configurations, but not for This problem. So, how to create a configuration file, to start the terminal with autologin to mql5.community (Preferences->community {Login:Password}). Thanks.
  params arguments  (9)
Hi,  I can't seem to find an example of defining a function with an arbitrary set of parameters, just like Print(...)  is defined.  How do I go about declaring and then accessing a parameters array?   A code example, or a link to a documentation would be greatly appreciated, Thank  you.
[Deleted]
Dear MQL4 Forum members, I'm new to mql4/mql5 and this forum. I've a question which I couldn't figure out by reading documentation or searching the web/this forum: Is 0 (zero) a valid/possible ticket number? In other words is it possible (although unlikely) that OrderSend returns ZERO as a valid...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I was wondering if there is a pace holder similar to the 'Pass' in python, that allows the code to compile so you can compile as you go? Thanks
Script specifications The purpose of this script is to be able to open a EURJPY trade position if certain conditions are met. Conditions: 1. pressing a certain key (combination of keys) on the keyboard. 2. direction of the Zig Zag indicator motion does not contradict to the pressed key. Example: An
New article Programming EA's Modes Using Object-Oriented Approach has been published at mql5.com: In this article we are going to discuss programming modes, in which an MQL5 EA can work. The objective of this article is to describe the idea that "each mode is implemented in its own way". The author...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                             SHI_Channel_true.mq4 |//|                                 Copyright © 2004, Shurka & Kevin...
I ran across a website that mention about a MQL code snippet, which will enable you to correctly backtest your strategy on price based charts. Does anyone have more info on this?    #include <CustomChartingBacktest.mqh> and at the very top of the void OnTick() function add the following function...
Hi guys! I'm having a hard time with MAXLOTSIZE.. My broker does not allow Lots greater than 50.00. So, when my MM calculates a greater lot than 50 would give me error 131. I could "cheat it " assuming that if the lot is greater than 50 assume 50 as default as shown bellow. What i Really would...
I understand the tick data from different brokers are different. But the data get from tickdata downloader of  StrategyQuant is same for all brokers. Can I use it for certain broker? Which broker is the tick data of StrateyQuant same as or from?   Besides, how about tick story? The spreads defined...
New article MQL5 Wizard: Placing Orders, Stop-Losses and Take Profits on Calculated Prices. Standard Library Extension has been published at mql5.com: The practical purpose of this article is adding to generated Experts a capability to place orders, Stop Losses and Take Profits at required price...
[Deleted]
Hello. Can somebody please explain what code I need to check if a pending order with known ticket# is still pending or already open (market order)? As far as I know the ticket# changes when pending becomes market. Thank you. WorstCases
  Metatrader4 Help  (2)
Hi, I am using metatrader4 platform on windows7 Ultimate edition. I am not able to add external indicators for my mt4 as I am not able to see either MQL4 or 'Indicator" folders in my Program Files. Please see the image below and help me. It happens with every broker mt4 platform on demo and real...
  indicator color coding  (12   1 2)
Hello, I am newbie on MT4 coding. I am sure it is very simple to code what I want but for me is very complicated. So I want to modify to the code of a custom indicator like this: if condition==true  indicator color=blue else  indicator color=red endif Please give me some instructions how to code...