MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 655

I am a new to this forum. Someone asked me some questions please help me solve this. I would be forever in your debt.   1.      Perform an intraday technical analysis (use 1-hour chart) on ANY FX pair you like 2.      Clearly state your entry level for any long/short positions you recommend 3...
[Deleted]
  arbitrage ea  (3)
Some one here have any informtion about arbitrage EA in MT4?
Just want to know how trading can be made using free credit of $100 in my account.  Just a newbie to it.   Please help.  Thanks & Regards, Naresh Kumar Rana. 
I wrote an indicator that draws symbols on the chart once I draw a trendline. I wrote in the OnChartEvent function to run the code every time I drag the trendline. It works finitely many times, and then all of a sudden the symbols on the chart are frozen, no matter how many times I change the...
Hi Everybody,   I have the 745 version of MT4 and can not do debugg because debug mode start but I can not continue because the debugger buttons are not activated. Before, I could do it but now will not let me continue. I don´t know what it happen?    please help me,   best regards 
Hello Every Guru in the house, Please I was working on a trailing stop code culled from the Mql4 book, the code is pasted below, I was to tweak it to move stop loss to break even level and also to start trailing after certain pips in profit is attained. It worked fine in doing those two things but...
Hi I am doing some researches in how to speed up the optimization using the mt4 strategy tester. I come accross this company which build supper computers http://content.dell.com/us/en/enterprise/hpcc-cray-cx1-iws.aspx Did some one can have more knoledge if mt4 uses the advantage of multiple cores to...
[Deleted]
  .hst file format  (1)
Hi, I'm trying my hand at .hst files but without any success so far. After a few searches I came across this post https://forum.mql4.com/60455 where I got the file format from. If I run the below lines the values are zero. Maybe the format has changed (I have build 765) or my code is wrong or both....
  Simple iCustom  (3)
Hi, I am having some trouble with iCustom. I need to use it for such a simple thing as passing a buy and put signal to an EA. Can someone show me a simple way to do this?   This is some of the code in the EA: double CallFromIndicator;double PutFromIndicator;CallFromIndicator = iCustom(NULL,0...
Hi all.  I'm experienced trader, but quite new to automated trading. I'm trying to automate my trading strategy and test it using strategy tester. The issue I have is that my strategy looks at all availble fx pairs and then chooses just 1 pair to trade based on my given parameters. But strategy...
i really need to know : How to find difference in hours between London Open or GMT and Broker Server time
Hi there,  I am trying to compare a couple of EAs based on results in the strategy tester. I attach the results (test64 versus test92). Note that test92 is broken into two tests, but when you combine them you get the same timeframe as test64. In summary, test64 generates more profit over the (26...
Hi,   May I know how to print message to a file instead of to the expert log?   Thanks 
[Deleted]
Hi all A very basic question i'm sure for someone. I'd like to have an indicator window open but don't want the values to appear on the screen or in the box. for e.g if it was MACD on 12, 21, 9.....when i put it up it shows those values on my screen....how do i have that setting but not have the
Hi there I use prerrt coomon logic to calc lot size extern double Depo        = 0;extern double RiskPercent = 80;extern double Lots        = 0;extern int    Magic       = 113355;extern int    Slippage    = 3;extern double StopLoss    = 100;extern double TakeProfit  = 50;int OnInit()  {...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I have been working on some EAs lately and I want to merge these EAs and test and use them as a whole. the point is that if some of the EAs are losing, probably the others are profiting and the overall result will be positive too. I want the EAs to work completely independently and...
Hi,  I would like to  use the iAC indicator in my EA. The iAC indicators adds a graph with colors bars (green or red, reagarding of the movement). How to know in my program, which is the color of the iAC current bar and the previous one ?   Thank you fore your help  Max 
[Deleted]
Dear sir, I had developed an indicator using object create and object set ( that is INDICATOR WITH BUY AND SELL ARROW ) , my indicator works fine after compile i got the ex4 file but the ex4 not is working ( i had copied the ex4 file to the expert directory , i had also check that "allow live
Hi guys,  I need some help please. I am looking at finding an open price for a specific candle as reference for a trigger; if the current price is a certain amount from that candle. I cannot use Open[], obviously. I am also aware that if it passes that price and comes back passed it and then passes...
[Deleted]
MT4 is updated version 798. But there is nothing that has been changed.How can i stop update automatically?I don`t need to update.It is a good-for-nothing. STOP! USELESS UPDATE!!! It is really annoying.
Previous installers for mt4 allowed the user to uncheck "launch terminal automatically after installation is complete". I just installed one from http://files.metaquotes.net/squared.financial.services/mt4/squaredmt4setup.exe and it appears that the mt4 installer menu has changed slightly. Now you
[Deleted]
  Customer support  (2)
hello   I'd like know how I should to do to get a customer support, to ask questions like how much is it the roll over taxes!?   thanks in advance   Adrian Wanamaker 
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I have a problem with setting the x and y coordinates of an HLINE. I want to do it like a Label, that the Line is constantly placed for example 80 pixel on the x-axis and y-axis in a subwindow. Like when you set the parameters of a TextLabel on the mt4 platform. Here is my code
Hi. I wonder if other people are having the same sorts of inconsistent results that I have, or am I not using the optimiser correctly? (I'm new to this activity). I have 3 pairs of EA parameters , which I've called TP/SL, ma1/ma2 and p/q, and to get an optimised set I've optimised TP/SL and ma1/ma2
[Deleted]
Hi, I am learning about how to capture the value of a trendline and then use it as a trigger for a buy/sell order. So I made a very very simple EA. I have this small piece of code to place a buy order. The idea was that I would manually draw a line in a chart, change its name to "my_trendline" and...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have problem with use MathPow(X,3) or even X*X*X. I use in this calculation: 5 closes of currency A and B mean1 of 5 closes of each currency mean2 of 5 currency A*mean1 difference mean1 and mean2 All above calculation  give  X.  problem appeaer if I try power X.
[Deleted]
Hi quys, I have EA preparing for optimize process and my EA create new file for each variant input parameters EA. How create unique file name for every step optimization process? example: 1th   setting input parameters => filename: "optimize_step_0001.csv" 2nd  setting input parameters => filename:...
Please refer to the screenshot below after back testing. 3 questions on the strange things are shown in the picture too. I read iCustom usage and check my EA and indicator again and again, finally can't find the root cause. Please help urgently and thanks a lot ! (*. You can click the screenshot to
[Deleted]
Hi, This question might sound basic... What can I do in my EA if I would like to be able to recognize a line in my chart. I mean, the idea would be to draw (by hand) a line in a chart in MT4, then the EA shold trigger an alert when, for example, the price touches this line. Not really sure if that...
I'm trying to write an EA that finds signals, display them on screen and user decides whether or not to trade them (besides, it handles all open positions and do some stuff). When I have done almost everything, Ive encountered two problems and I don't find anywhere a solution.    First of all, I...