MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 649

Hello all. I'm newbye on mql4 programing and there are some basic stuff that i don't know...  How can i put fixed text on a specific area on the graphic ?       
hi my friend i want to use FileIsLineEnding with //--- display the window of input parameters when launching the script#property script_show_inputs//--- input parametersinput string InpFileName="data.bin";input string...
New article Identifying Trade Setups by Support, Resistance and Price Action has been published on mql5.com: This article shows how price action and the the monitoring of support and resistance levels can be used for well-timed market entry. It discusses a trading system that effectively combines...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I'm trying to write up this indicator which will plot channels for the previous day/week/month and year. So far i have got the day/week/month all working but I am having some troubles with the yearly channel. To do this for the previous 12 months doesn't seem too difficult but I would...
[Deleted]
Hello! (A) If I use       int ticket_short  = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lotsize,price,slippage,Ask + 0.001,Ask-0.001,comment,magicnumber,0); for market entry with stop loss Ask + 0.001 and take profit Ask -0.001 for market exit I get as result: (B) If I use       int ticket_short  =...
Hello All,  I am new to forex trading, but eager to learn! I am looking for an alert where I can get emails when my stochastic oscillator crosses down and out of a level (80) and also alerts me when it crosses up and out of another level (20).  Is that possible?  The settings I am looking for are as...
hi guys i am having another go at this I know we can get info from the screen or chart directly into an EA because I have done it with trendlines now I want to do it with the arrows produced by the indicator "EMA Crossover" so i have started completely new code and i have it post along with the...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I have this question: Is possible set/change programatically parameters for tester? Thank you
Hi, i was trying to just code a simple function that shows on screen as a comment the following info: 1- current spreed 2-tick count in the last 60 minutes 3-max tick count for last 60 minutes 4-minimum tick count for last 60 minutes  However, i think it is not working properly. I see that i am...
Hey guys,   I need a bit of help please. I want my EA to check the D1 chart, then the H1 chart and then the M30 chart to send an order. How does one make the EA check those time frames while on the M30. I want to check if the current price is above/ below a MA. Would this simply work (for example):...
What Im trying to get my EA to do is move the stop to each previous pivot as price moves into profit but without being slowly trailed.  // Input variables                input int MagicNumber = 101;                          input int Slippage = 10;input double LotSize = 0.1; input int StopLoss = 0;...
Greetings from Brazil!   MQL4 has other TIMER elements in addition to the OnTimer() function ? I am making a simulation EA for Binary Options, and need to simulate (not open real orders)... then, need to define the open/close interval and on simulation need to check the price to know if the...
Hi, I am trying to implement an Order Management feature in my EA. I want the EA to only place one order per Symbol. Has anyone implemented this before? Any help will be greatly appreciated Thankyou
hi my friend i have two expert (expert send and other recieved ) the expert send is true but recieved is Can not read array because he read a lot of array At the same time and read first to last Which brings error array out of range . for this i want read every last array and show this at comment...
double CalculateHH ()// This function is to get the highest high price since open price of certain order                {  for ( int n=OrdersTotal()-1; n>=0; n-- )// first i need to loop all orders          {            if (OrderSelect( n ,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) // select my order of...
[Deleted]
Hello Sir,I am working on socket programming in MT4 using DLL files.Though I am able to send the orders from server to client ,But I am facing certain issues with the mechanism.They are as follows: 1. If I send the orders from Server to Client within fraction of seconds,then complete data is not...
Afternoon, I am new to MQL4 and MetaTrader. I've just written my first EA, and I'm doing some backtesting. I have a few questions on back testing OR if someone can point me to a good best practives doc, I would appreciate it. So, the EA I created has MoneyManagent, Risk Percent, Stop Loss, Take...
  Close[0] and Bid  (3)
Hi guys, Why is NOT Close[0]=Bid? I knew that these are the same, but are not. See my USDCAD picture: UPDATE: I found these, but did not get answer from them. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/144280 and https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143082 Thanks
[Deleted]
I'm having an issue with my profiles overwriting one another. I created a EuroUSD profile and saved it. Then, Created a USDJPY profile and saved it separately. When I open my EURUSD profile, The USDJPY profile appears. I switched to a third profile, and back to the EURUSD and the USDJPY has...
[Deleted]
OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,0.1,Ask + 15*Point,3, Bid-20*Point,Bid+20*Point); When sending a buystop I get an error 130 , Searched the web to find the solution and one of them was setting the buystop close to the current price , but 15 points is really enough I think , is there any other thing...
Hi... Greetings from Brazil! I'm starting to build my first EA and one of his strategies is analise RSI from the last 3 past candles... But i need to force the EA to do start the calculations only on data after EA stated, then the past candles on EA starting must be discard. I'm working on the logic...
Hello, I am new to MT4 and learning to program EA's.  I have a current EA working just fine, but I'm trying to backtest it and having problems. After finishing the Run with Optimization turned on, nothing appears in the Optimization Results or Graph. The Journal shows some of the following: 581...
Hi All, Below is the code which is capable of generating screenshot and push notification whenever the condition is TRUE, whereas the indicator works only during strategy Tester and NOT during LIVE market. During LIVE market only Push Notification works but the Screenshots are not being saved. Did...
Sincemixing MQL4 and MQL5, what kind of new features do you like to use? The reasonI ask is because I just don’t see the point of most of it. Structures aregreat. They are a no-brainer. But beyond that… Forinstance, why would I use the SymbolInfoTick with the MqlTick structure whenvariabels like Ask...
How can ALL indicators be removed from the chart, programmatically? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,   Is there a way to create a fixed-step trailing stop in MT4? I'm not sure if the default one in the platform is dynamic or fixed. I want to trail my stops in increments, so for example: If I want I to trail in 50 pip increments, it will only come into effect every time the price moves 50...
[Deleted]
Hi everyone.   I'll try to keep to the point, and keep my post short. I'm attempting to save an analysis (retracements and trendline objects.) My understanding is that I can save a chart as a template, and then save multiple charts with their CURRENT templates as a profile.   As it stands, when I go...
Hi, Im new in mql coding. Couple days ago i tried do make a simple EA. I wanted open and closes postions at choosen timeframe. For Example: timeframe H4 pair EURUSD: EA will start placing orders at 00:00. So my first trade is: buy at 00:00 and closes at 03:59. Second one: sell 04:00 closes at 07:59...
Hi: I am trying to use MACD and OsMA indicators in my EAs but I find that they lack the same precision they show on the screen. When I use MACD or OsMA indicators on the screen and put the mouse pointer over a bar, they show some seven or eight decimal digits, and sometimes, differences between bars...
[Deleted]
I have MT4 Build 840 (Jun 12 2015). I found 2 indicator files on forex factory forum - GMMA Fast.ex4 4KB and GMMA Slow.ex4 4KB. I copied them to FXDD-MetaTrader/experts/indicator folder. I cannot find them in the Navigator window to install them. I have used the same procedures for other indicators...