MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 631

MT4 always cover or remove the history data I downloaded and exported once connected to broker server.  . Does it mean MQ doesn't want to support back test? . Does it mean MQ doesn't want users to do back test? . Does it mean MQ will waive the function of back test gradually?  . Otherwise why does...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I wanted to enquire about the MT4 platform. My broker does not have access to mobile trading on MT4 but does so for the usual desktop version. I wanted to know, are you able to download the platform and use this on a tablet? or can this only work for laptop's and computers?
[Deleted]
Trading forex ,ForexCurrency Trading  Our Affiliate Program offers you highly lucrative remunerations for referring clients to 5StarsForex Are You: • A website or forum owner? • An expert advisor (EA) developers or a signal provider? • An education provider? • An online marketing agent?If you...
Hi,  I'm looking for some strategies on how to debug. I can't run an EA on a simulator because MT4 doesn't have one. Print function doesn't work in the strategy backtester and finally the Comment function only show one statement at a time. Any tips?   Thanks 
Which platform is better. MT4 or MT5.  Any comments?
I am developing a ForexStrength indicator. This indicator shows the strength of 28 Forex pairs according to market conditions.  Everything is ok with the indicator if I draw the outputs to the chart. But now I want the outputs to be written to Custom Indicator Buffers (thanks new MT4 I can do it, in...
[Deleted]
Hi, I wonder if someone has encountered the same issue I'm currently battling (see topic). Should not this code suffice as to delete orders pending? Have not tried it LIVE, I'm talking back test. Still, I believe this code should do it; Ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, 1, Ask - (Point * 50)...
Hi, i made an API written it in some classes. How can i compile/hide them? the export function doesn't work for it if i try it using as lib. Is there any simple way or do i have to include them into a new lib and hide them with new functions wich can be exported? Thanks for the answers.
Hi,   I am having some trouble trying to identify the highest high for the last x number of candles. I already have a for loop running to identify other Highs and Lows. - The for loop has to work backwards from eg 10 candles to the live candle.  Any help is greatly appreciated   Thanks in advance 
[Deleted]
Crashes upon launch.... 
I downloaded 2-year data and it seems ok for back testing. However, when I opened the chart after testing, the beginning time wasn't the one my downloading starts, but almost 1 year later. I'm confused what cause this issue and how to fix? I downloaded and exported to MT4 again and the issue is
Hi, I'm Alex from Cali and I am learning C++ and also learning mql4 and I noticed that most ALL of the example mql4 files have errors or warning in them what is going on with this I don't understand. Keep in mind that I am still learning to code but if one would copy and paste into the compiler it...
Hello, A few month ago, maybe more than a year, I found an indicator on this forum that do the "Subject". Unfortunately I had to reinstall windows and now I've done a search with no success. Please if anyone could give me a link I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance!
[Deleted]
Hi Folks  I have this code for an indicator but would like it as an EA. I have no idea how to do it. Any help appreciated. Code for indicator is attached.    I would like adding to it a martingale type system, inclusive of:   Take profit Trailing stop loss Lot Size 1, Lot size 2 etc etc. Restart new...
why  close at stop ? how to solve?   
Hello! I would like to know how can I get this zigzag indicator last 3 numbers. I don't care if indicator repaints I just need these numbers. Any idea how to get this 3 numbers to use them with EA? Thank you! Here is source code: #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1
Hey Ya'all, I have a Pending Order (i.e. BuyLimit), the market has changed and it did not change to Open When I try to delete the Pending Order I get ERR_INVALID_TRADE_PARAMETERS But... if I reset the client, the order is shown as BUY OPEN. Has anyone encountered such a problem? Thanks
  hhhhhhhhhh  (1)
hhh
Hallo everybody i tried today to use the function iCCI out of an expert advisor but it gives mewrong figures. in the online screeen the CCI functioon on the 4H chart gives back a value for thecandle [1] and the expert advisor gives the value Y with the call CCI_Wert = iCCI(NULL,PERIOD_H4,14...
I have tried with the function iCustom and I have succesfully loaded the indicator. But how can I get the data from the indicator? I mean it is 3 bands and I am only getting the middle one value...   Another question is, could I use a protected indicator in my EA by loading it? The owner gives me...
I was attempting to backtest on older build as usual b697.  I was doing backtests up to yesterday afternoon.  Then I got an error 'old version'  at the connection server.  No big deal, but since trying to launch other terminals, I get an error 4112 whenever the backtest (not live trading) attempts...
[Deleted]
  HELP ME FileWrite!  (10)
I already created Trade.csv in folder ...\MQL4\Files\, then code following rows in my EA: ...............           int file_handle = FileOpen("Trade.csv",FILE_READ|FILE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_CSV);          if(file_handle != INVALID_HANDLE){             FileWrite(file_handle,OrderOpenTime()...
Hi forum, I have an indicator which basically marks a high when the high to the left and the high to the right are lower. Similar to the fractal indicator. I use a buffer to place a dot on the bar with the highest high. Now I would like to implement this feature into an EA. But I can't use normal...
[Deleted]
Hi Guys,   im trying to calculate my risk dynamically but i dont really "like" my code and im pretty sure there has to be a better method of doing it but i cant really think of one. // Risk Calculation                        double LongEntryPrice = NormalizeDouble(iHigh(Symbol(), 0, 1),...
[Deleted]
Joining Link: Get this Bonus Ending Date: 31 December 2015 Offer is Applicable: All new clients How to Apply: Open a new live account and verify it. Bonus Withdrawal: 50 standard lots require to trade to withdraw $500.   More Details – 50% RESCUE WITHDRAW BONUS Terms and Conditions Bonus of 50% of...
Big Buggggggggggggggg Big issue!!!!!! in build 840 And before that. Diconnect and do not reconnect automatically in the all broker . i must reopen. Why even worse when updated?  You should be tested before release? If unsure, do not release. And should not be automatically updated.
[Deleted]
Hi, I made my first EA but I don't understand why it doesn't work. The Strategy Tester give the answer OrderSend error 130 and I don't know what do to correct the code. Please, can you help me?
Hi all, Could you help me here,   Using the code I want to put to zero the counter if the condition fails. Right now if;                if(BounceCount >= Bounce && Bid > BuyTrigger) is true the ea puts the order and the counter is set to zero, but if it fails the ea do not put the order and the...
Hello I've recently found ShellExecuteA and W. qs: 1. Why are these not in any of the documentation categories except Forum?  i.e. why are these undocumented in the mql4 codebase, yet the function exists? 2. What are the return codes from this function?  3. Where is decent documentation? 4. How...
Yes I have used the search function....... I downloaded an EA from FxAutomated and it executes a trade at a certain time of day. This is what i am looking for to research my strategy BUT it will not open a new trade until the previous is closed. I need it to open 1 trade a day regardless of if...